PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Posted by Phil Cooke on 07/10/2018 20:22:14:

Any more build blog updates? All gone a bit quiet! thumbs up

Well yes, my build has just about staggered over the finish line - or at least it will have by the end of the day. Mind you, having seen the magnificent collection you all managed to assemble at the Orme, I’m not at all sure the world is quite ready for my rendition!

Trevor

Advert

My hurricane will not be ready by Sunday due to things beyond my control. I am hoping to drive up for a few hours, but depends on how a family member is tomorrow. Hopefully see you lot on the Orme Sunday, as I really need to have a flight.

Cheers

Ade

Mr Hey/Hay, I know you don't speak on these thingeys but I have your Vulcan Plan copied if you want to pick it up. I have inserted them in a folder entitled "Pleadings" from work, so if you plead enough I can give them to you - see what I did there?

I will be in town tonight at the Alexandra Hotel where they have live music apparently but not sure about blow up sheep in the Gents, as I think that is only in the Town House.

Tomorrow Martin has planned a day watching rugby in the pouring rain - not so sure myself. Llandudno Rugby Club.

Only likely if flying conditions are awful.

Looking forward to more verbal abuse from you lot this weekend? I am an Abuse Lawyer after all, so if you advise on it you should be able to take it?

• 2 weeks later...

All,

As discussed in the PSSA WhatsApp group, we are looking at a get-together this weekend on either the Orme or the Cloud, Bosley.

Let's keep a weather-eye open, and make a decision for one day / both days nearer the end of this week. The wind is turning SW and quite strong, so looking OK other than some rain as well. We'll see!

• 2 months later...

Having spent a few weeks performing what checks we reasonably can do to best ensure no event clashes or slope access issues, I'm glad to be able to announce a series of six weekend PSSA events for the 2019 season. My sincere thanks go to Tim Mackey, Steve Houghton (SWSA) and Austin Massey (LMAC) for their help and support in establishing these dates.

A reminder that all of our events are open to non-PSSA members - and that all pilots are to have BMFA insurance. As usual, there are more details on the PSSA website and Facebook pages. Roll on April!

pssa events 2019.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've had a message from Michael Kitchen of the NYMRSC with details of a one day PSS event to be held at Hole of Horcum on Sunday 14 July 2019.

"Please note that for non-NYMRSC members who want to fly, there will be a temporary membership fee of £5 which is valid for one month."

• 3 weeks later...

In preparation for this weekend coming, I've realised I hadn't flown anything since before Xmas.

I went to the flying field this weekend and last to try and wake the old thumbs up.

I felt really out of practise so hopefully I can have a few hours flying this weekend. Come on wind, blow!

Thanks for the best wishes Bob! The weekend forecast looks quite settled at present on the Easterly slope with good wind strengths for our PSS models - so its looking quite positive we'll get the 2019 season off to a good start!

Pete we will await your arrival up top! thumbs up