Nigel Hawes on TV Fri night?

nasa_steve

Advert

Well done Nigel
Nice landing 

Phil

Edited By Big Phil on 07/10/2011 20:50:11

Posted by James E on 07/10/2011 20:13:24:
Well this should be interesting Anyone else had any Television experiences?
Um

Well Flappit and I have been on the Panorama titles, and in the distance on a P D James whodunit, both filmed in the same week, and on the local news in a canal boat.

So far, I have managed to avoid being on Crimewatch.

We were possibles for the TV Dinners series, but we refused because we could not commit to the time needed. They wanted three weekdays for filming what was supposed to be one evening meal.

P

Just watched it on 4oD.

TV did what it seems to me it does best - take a basically nice bloke and poke fun at him whilst at the same time taking some truely dreadful people and turning them into heros - or in this casse heroines.

I gave up watching TV several years ago - now I remember why.

BEB

Oh the whole thing is a complete "P" take, the "contestants" surely know that before they go into it? I think Nigel had a lot of bottle to do it at all.
I wouldn't be surprised if the TV people didn't set up the gangplank at the entrance to his house just for effect - etc etc..

What a tedious bunch of people... And a painfully artificial programme.

Does anyone remember when programmes like this were "real" and not manufactured? I recall particularly a Holiday programme where two familes holidayed together, one week in the venue of one family's choice, the second week in the other's. The aim was to see if either family could convince the other of the virtues of their style of holiday - at least that's how the first series was. But in successive series the producers progressively matched more and more extreme families against each other and put them in situations where massive arguments were almost guaranteed. Switch off time....

Posted by James E on 07/10/2011 20:13:24:
Well this should be interesting Anyone else had any Television experiences?

When i was 12 my year at school was selected to go on the kids morning show "motormouth".

Some of us were selected to not only sit in the audience but to be contestants on the game show "It's Torture" me and my mate were lucky enough to be chosen and got gunge and stuff all over us, we lost though but it was a great day out for a 12 year old!

Nigel came across as a really nice guy and I felt the others all were out to make a fuss about anything they could.When your not doing house renovations you have dust so it was only to be expected considering the work he id doing on his house.What a dreadful person the cake making guest was couldnt stand her,liked the other ladies legs,the winner.I felt Nigels marks were unjustifiably low,he was judged on his house renovations as much as anything,but I enjoy"Come dine with Me " and it was nice to see someone I could relate to.

i dont know nigel hawes.... only what i have read in the Mag...i think he was a victim of the programme production/edit team..and came over as he was been fed to the lions on the programme....he was prob paid a token amount of dosh....was it worth it..... i wouldn't have thought so..NH  prob has his nose out of joint thanks to the tv people this morning after the broadcast.... 

ken anderson ne....1........... tv critic dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 08/10/2011 08:14:05

Posted by Chris Bott on 07/10/2011 23:22:49:
Oh the whole thing is a complete "P" take, the "contestants" surely know that before they go into it? I think Nigel had a lot of bottle to do it at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the TV people didn't set up the gangplank at the entrance to his house just for effect - etc etc..

Funny that - its exactly what the wife and I said as we were watching it.