Ebay sellers...

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Wiltshire Flyer on 18/12/2015 00:33:39:

This is exactly how not! To do it!

Every aspect of this listing made me chuckle **LINK**

Has anyone tried to report these weird items? It is impossible! The "report item" feature works but none of the drop downs actually matches anything that is wrong with it, such as "nothing there".

No wonder eBay is the preferred method of getting rid of junk and ripping folk off; you've got no way to stop it!

"This is exactly how not! To do it!

"

Sadly he's edited it now so we can't play "Where's Wally the Wot Trainer?" anymore.

I do have some sympathy for the seller, as Ebay do have a habit of sending out offers to list 100 items with a significantly reduced final selling fee, but with an impossibly short deadline, which always coincides with a time when I'm busy with other stuff. What I, and I'm sure others, do in these circumstances, is to just 'mark my place', with a really basic listing, usually modified from one for something similar, which I then go back and edit as necessary when I have more time. Its ok if its an auction, but not good practice with a 'buy it now' in case someone buys based on the misleading description.

Of course, in the ideal world, I would have photos taken and the descriptions written out for the 100 items in advance, so when the offer comes up next I would just cut and paste it all in. Having said that, in this mythical ideal world, I would also know the winning six lottery numbers in advance, so wouldn't have to bother selling stuff!

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 18/12/2015 13:05:24

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 18/12/2015 13:13:11

Posted by Robin Colbourne on 18/12/2015 13:04:48:

"This is exactly how not! To do it!

"

Sadly he's edited it now so we can't play "Where's Wally the Wot Trainer?" anymore.

It gets even better. The same seller has listed a multi rotor for sale. He crashed it so is selling it on!

"As you can see it was new but I took it out in the wind and well the rest is history"

This seller is a legend. **LINK**

Well the revised Wot trainer listing is at least an improvement on the original version. Though it doesn't appear to have any wings... There's still the same comprehensive description, "good" (which I still maintain is one word short).

The revised price is slightly less unbelievable though still optimistic for a dusty fuselage, corroded engine and elderly 35MHz radio.

I think the seller is more at home selling furniture. Perhaps he should stick to that.

Posted by John Privett on 18/12/2015 21:11:01:

Well the revised Wot trainer listing is at least an improvement on the original version. Though it doesn't appear to have any wings... There's still the same comprehensive description, "good" (which I still maintain is one word short).

The revised price is slightly less unbelievable though still optimistic for a dusty fuselage, corroded engine and elderly 35MHz radio.

I think the seller is more at home selling furniture. Perhaps he should stick to that.

OK he might not sell it at that price, but if a house clearance person comes across a model, surely its better that he offers it to potentially interested parties than it becoming landfill just because he doesn't know exactly what it is? If his first guess at pricing is wrong, then he will probably drop the price until it sells.

Someone out there who has just 'lawndarted' their Wot Trainer and is left with a good wing, may be ready to bite his hand off if he accepts a sensible offer.

I still can't believe he gave up on the drone so easily though!