Where are you now .....

avtur

For the majority of folks this is a 'long weekend', I know that's not the case for everyone, I've spent over 25 years working shifts but don't now; so comiserations ot those who are working.

I'm currently in a caravan a few miles south of Caernarfon in North Wales, weather this week isn't a patch on last weekend ... when it was T shirt weather and brilliant calm flying conditions ... have managed a couple of flights with the HZ mini Champ but there was a bit of a wind on the beach so didn't want to push my luck.

So ...where are you this weekend and what

flying is in store for you ..?

Advert

Enjoy your weekend avtur,

I'm one of the unlucky ones working shifts all bank hol weekend.

But, I'm lucky to have decent paying job.................thumbs up

I will sneak a flight or two in tomorrow at work on a bit of waste land there with mypowered Zagi..................wink

Phil.

Not raining in the NW - yet! Breezy.

I'm sitting in my study at home at the computer - about to have my breakfast! If the weather holds might go flying later.

I do feel for all those who have to work days like today - especial shop workers who it seems now work every day except Christmas Day - and can that be far behind?

BEB

Some companies hide their outrageous shift patterns under the umbrella of "Modern Working Practices" or such like. The reality is that they are more like Victorian Working Practices and there is little, or no work/life balance any more. Still, we all need to work to fund our marvellous hobby which actually keeps me sane in this hectic modern life that we live in.

I've just finished fitting a new motor to my flying wing and measured it at 43.5oz thrust for 32oz AUW (603 watts!) so once I've finished cleaning out my giant rabbit's litter tray and cleaned the wife's budgie's cage and provided it doesn't start rainingblush I'm off to the field to point it at the sky to see how long it takes to get to the stratospheresmile p

Between pots of tea n toast Ive modded A JR2610 with the 2.4ghz frsky internal mod, and waiting for the receiver battery to charge/test.

Also just checked my android weather app only to find its cloud and rain until next saturday angry 2 but i;ll lay good odds it'll crack the flags when school reopens on the 16th grrrrrrrr and more grrrrrrrr.

Stephen

Rubbish weather - never mind. Plugged the caravan in to charge the battery. Also done some maintenance - replacing some Power Pole connectors to EC3 off a Phoenix Tuccano. The original batteries are u/s, and the PZ 1800 mah 3s are an ideal match, so standardising my battery connectors.

So at home, then...

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 08/04/2012 10:00:01:
I do feel for all those who have to work days like today - especial shop workers who it seems now work every day except Christmas Day - and can that be far behind?

BEB

Actually, whether by accident or design, Easter Sunday is the one day that all but the smallest shops must remain closed.

Which means I'll have to wait until tomorrow to buy a replacement brake light bulb for the car that I serviced this morning and checked over for the MOT it's booked-in for on Tuesday. Why the heck Ford have to have a "special" version of the universal dual-filament 21/5W stop/tail bulb - but with the two pins not 180 degrees apart - I cannot imagine. (Other than forcing you to buy their bulbs...)

Anyway, I'm a 9-5.30, Monday-Friday person, so I'm sitting here at the PC wondering if the weather will improve enough to tempt anybody else in our club out to fly. I'm dubious! Looks like the Pushycat that I'm building may get a little closer to completion. Tomorrow's weather looks worse though.

Edited By John Privett on 08/04/2012 14:06:32

Re the many comments about weather forecasting. I have a mate who worked for the Met Office as a "modeller". He reckoned they'd done some calculations that showed that if the Met Office simply said "tomorrow's weather will be the same as today's" they would actually be right more often!

John P - re "all but the smallest shops" - didn't stop my local Sainsburys from opening and while its not a "mega-store" its not that small either!

BEB