A sad loss

Tony Hayden

I would liked to have introduced myself to the forum in a happier thread than this one.

Sadly Chris Jordan (big bandit) passed away on saturday. My thoughts and condolences go out to Kath, Vicky & Matt on their sad loss of a husband and father.

I on a personal note, i have lost a good work colleague and a very good friend.

Thanks, Tony.

You never know what's round the corner do you? I'm really quite shocked.

I met Chris for the first and only time in the rain at Greenacres last month and we talked about the Super 60s we had built for the event. I even gave him the engine he used in his.

Poor Chris.

My condolences to the family.

Edited By David Davis on 30/07/2012 18:16:12

I had the good fortune to meet Chris at Greenacres last month and we spent much of the day chatting about modelling and life in general. A genial man with a real gift for modelling, as his threads bear witness,he will be much-missed here on the forum.

It was my pleasure to have spent some all-too-brief time with him and I would like to add my condolences to his family and friends.

Pete

Oh that is sad news.

I've enjoyed many an exchange with Chris here on the forum and as others have said, at Greenacres face to face. Jolly good chap that many of us will truly miss.

Thanks for letting us know Tony and please pass on my sincere condolences to his family.

really bad news......we(weasel and i) met chris for the first time at greenacre's and he sat and had his packed lunch with us....he was a nice nice lad and we had a good laugh together over the two days....tony pass my regards on to chris(big bandit's)family...what a shame.....thats chris next to me on the right hand side....37.jpg

ken anderson ne..1.

Edited By ken anderson. on 30/07/2012 19:45:37

Well I had a lot of contact with Chris over the modifications to my Matador. I felt that I had made a friend and was keenly waiting for him to report on the flying of his recently constructed Matador and Super 60. I almost can't believe he has gone--he had so much to offer it seemed and was obviously supported by his wife and family who must be devastated.

MJE