Show us your workshop!

Ernie

Well trebor, if you look at picture 13 you are spot on.. I have a kettle. The sink would be a good idea but I had to draw a line, when the TV gets installed I could move in . The power point cost me £10.00 ish on the Bay.

I do, however, have a fridge tucked under the worktop and I'm sure will spend the occasional night camping in the shed after a late building session so as not to disturb my good lady.

A few more details on the build. The door, worktop, kitchen units/doors carpet, window carcass were sourced via a well known auction site. The Selotex/insulation where waste from a local building site. The guttering is recycled aluminium data trunking and the feather edge was recycled from the demolished shed.

The half and half exterior was a compromise with my good lady, she said my "New England look" would dominate the garden .

Regards

John

• 1 year later...

I am lucky enough to have a "hobby room" for the clean work which is airconditioned (gets hot here in Aus). The other is a workshop in the garage, not airconditioned unfortunately but OK for the messy work

As per the original post neither has been "prepared" for the photos.

Workshop.jpegHobby room.jpeg

• 1 year later...

thanks reg or ian all my gliders are scratch built. the largest being a dg 800 at 6 meter span.. the one on the middle work bench is my new one and is a 1/3 scale fox putting the graphics on at the min .i have built 9 in the last 4 years. but I have to plan when I build because my work shop has no insulation in the roof .been looking at some of the great workshops on this thread. to plan how to do it. ROOsmiley

I have been rationalising the workshop/boiler room..

Although the restored Electric Junior 60 is the star of the show, you can see in this picture the steel shelves which I have assembled, bolted to the wall and to each other. I have another three shelves which I could use but some will have to be reserved for my P6 Rover spares.

j60 electrified (3).jpg

On the east wall near the boiler, a number of trainer and sports model fuselages are suspended.

j60 electrified (1).jpg

On the west wall, above the model's starboard wing, I've built a structure to hold the squadron's wings from 2x1 (50mmx25mm) timber and shelf brackets.

j60 electrified (2).jpg

I have some more models which I will need to find a space for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Some marvelous examples in this thread guys. Mine is pretty small and simple. I was making a lot of mess around the house with bits of balsa etc. when building an Aerographics Sopwith Camel for RC some years ago, so my Mrs suggested I turn the spare room into a workshop - great!

I started with a 2m x 1m ply table I built using parts from a bed frame then added one shelf, then another when space ran out, and now a sliding door cabinet on the back of the table for still more space. I still use the dining table sometimes though!

workshop.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Latest addition to my workshop is this bit of silliness. I had a spare noticeboard from my old home office/workroom which didn't have an obvious home and a tin of blackboard paint, so I came up with the notion of replicating one of those Squadron Readiness Boards that you see in the old war films. I set to with the Silhouette vinyl cutter and made a mock up for my warbirds. Just done for a bit of fun, but it does have some utility in keeping track of any minor or major fix-ups that need to be done. The name of the fictitious RAF station has been changed to protect the innocent. ?

RAFSOUTHKERLOCHWEB.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Did a bit of reworking of my charging station today. I've changed over from exclusively charging at the field, to now doing some charging at home. I still do charge at the field, but I now prep for going flying by charging at least a few packs, since it's now a much longer trip to my old club site. For my local club site I can also just take enough packs for half-a-dozen flights and not bother with charging at the field at all.

I initially set up with a pair of Bat Safes for charging and continued to use my Lipo Sacks for storage, along with a pair of Sentry Fire Safes for some of the less frequently used packs. I was never very happy with having the Lipo Sacks sat on the bench though and then saw these steel cabinets on FB marketplace, which would fit nicely under the bench. After a bit of a false start I finally managed to collect one yesterday and it's ideal for the job. Bottom shelf takes the Sentry Firesafe with the rarely used packs. Top shelf takes the Lipo Sacks, separated into charged and discharged packs. So it's just a matter of grabbing the Lipo Sacks when heading to the field. The cabinet is vented at the back.

Turnigy Reaktor and Graupner Unimat 14 chargers are mounted on the lids of the Bat Safes, fed by a pair of 20amp power supplies, NiMh charging is taken care of by the Graupner Ultra Duo 30 plus in the middle, for peak detect fast charging and the multiport Robbe Lader for receiver packs in my gliders. 1s cells can be charged either with the little E-Flite chargers on the shelf, or via the multi-cell board with the Reaktor. My field chargers are then free to stay in the flight box, so the workshop chargers don't need to be disconnected to go flying.

IMG_0127.thumb.jpg.d12b8fface6007a8483312a45295611d.jpg

Edited by leccyflyer
  • Like 1