the best aeromodelling books?

bouncebounce crunch

Obviously dated now but Ron Moulton's "Control Line Manual" is a great example of what an aeromodelling book should be. Covers everything from basics to advanced in a logical progression, and an entertaining read to boot.

I've been looking for the Gordon Whitehead book mentioned above as I had heard good reports. In the interim I bought the more readily available SImon Delaney's "Scale Problems Solved" and didn't regret it - plenty of useful stuff in that one

How about this for an oldie The Complete Book of the Model Aeroplane by Norman G Taylor . covers from how an aeroplane flies to how to plot aerofoil sections and more but no RC models , had it for years maybe since aged 16 . The knowledge doesn't change to much but the presentation does

Didnt I see some new book from Martin Simons recommended somewhere? I cannot find it on Aazon or Waterstones. Anybody know about it?

I agree with Peter, Ernie& Terry that Gordon Whiteheads book is the best and it's mostly applicable to non scale too. But the correct title is Radio Control Scale Aircraft Models for Everyday Flying ( not ' Sunday' unless there is a religous version too.........)

But David Boddingtons 'Scale Model Aircraft for Radio Control' is equally good and quite different but rather more advanced..

For a beginner then any of David Boddingtons other books are very useful, and so are Peter Millers books.

But most books are so out of date regarding brushless motors & Lipo that there is nothing to recommned for electric. A chance for someone to write a bang up to date book perhaps..........Tim ( either of them ) or Nigel perhaps......

Alistair Sutherland's seminal work: 'Basic Aeronautics for Modellers'. A good reference book. I now understand why and how I crash, but am still unable to predict when...... blush

For glider guiders, George Stringwell's 'Complete Guide to Radio Controlled Gliders'. Originally published in 1997 so a bit dated, but the principles still apply.

The RM Propo Book, taught me how to install the radio and set up the controls as a 15 year old kid , with no one to get advice from it was invaluable, and this was when you had to do it manually, not just jam it in any nook & cranny like now, then scroll through a menu to make it all work properly, not that’s a totally a bad thing, but there’s no substitute for good control horn geometry thumbs upsmiley

I was hoping that the series of great articles on building planes that appeared in Model Flyer ( or was it AMI ) would be published as a book. The articles showed every possible technique & little trick and went on for several years. I dont know who wrote them but wonder if there is any chance of him making it into a book.