Hobby King UK or DE - how quick do they ship/deliver?

Advert

Tony,

It normally takes 3 days from the UK for me, 1 day to pick and pack the items and 2 days via ParcelForce/GLS, in Europe I have only ordered off the Dutch site, it normally takes 1 to 2 days to pick and pack and two days via GLS. Just for info the Dutch site shipping charges are much lower than the UK but the range of stock is poor although getting better. The German site's cost for goods and shipping are nearly always much more expensive than Hobbyking UK or Holland hence the reason I don't purchase from there.

It's over a year since I got an order from DE but it was recieved within 5 or 6 days, UK orders have taken 3 or 4 days. IIRC there's quite a high minimum weight rate applied to DE orders.

Incidentaly, orders from Giantcod/shark have always been quicker.

Cheers. I've certainly found Giant Cod/Shark super quick. I was after some micro LIPOs which were available from HK UK at pretty much the same price as well, but annoyingly one of the other bits I need is only available from the Internation warehouse. While I'm waiting for the bits it just got me wondering how quick the UK warehouse ships. Another oddity, why does it cost less to post stuff from China than from within the UK ?

VAT might be a factor, but for my last order it would have been $5.59 postage from the UK, or $2.99 from Hong Kong. I think it's just one of those irrational things that crop up, because from the UK you can't choose Royal Mail letter post if the order contains Lipos, even though if you order from overseas the final delivery will be by (you guessed it) Royal Mail letter post.

It's a few years since I bought any lipos from Hong Kong. The last time I did all packages containing lipos had to go via Switzerland which took weeks. After that I was careful to make sure I always ordered lipos seperately from other goodies.
AFAIK it's been illegal for 2 or 3 years worldwide to send any lipos by airmail.

HongKong postage is cheaper because its very cheap to send things from HongKong. Consequently I sometimes order small items from Hong Kong than from the UK. I just tend to stay under the £15 limit for customs.

Hong Kong postage is very cheap indeed.

My sister used to live in Hong Kong. One Christmas, having posted our Christmas cards, we worked out that it would probably have been cheaper to address all our Christmas Cards, put them in a jiffy bag, and post them to my sister in HongKong, who would then post them individually to the UK.

Madness!

One order from HK's UK depot so far. I ordered it on a Tuesday night, it was dispatched on Wednesday and delivered on Thursday - difficult for it to happen any faster than that!

My previous HK order included some LiPos and shipped from China taking about 2 weeks, maybe a day or two more, to arrive. I don't recall which carrier they used.

As for postage prices, on small items the postal charge from Hong Kong (ie. the actual cost, not what the retailer chooses to charge us) can be very cheap. I ordered something small from DealXtreme a while ago. It arrived in a small jiffy-bag-type of envelope. Looking at the postage price marked on it in HK$, it would have cost me more to send the same item to my next-door neighbour via Royal Mail!

• 2 weeks later...

In the past, I've expressed slight disappointment that the turn-round from the UK warehouse is a little slower than with many other internet suppliers who consistently get orders in the post the same day they receive them. Having said that, I accept that next day dispatch (even if ordered early in the morning) isn't too unreasonable but what is going on at the international warehouse?

I put in an order last Wednesday evening to the IW (deliberately!) due to no stock of the items I wanted in the UK. This morning, I was advised that the items had just been sent from packing to dispatch...!

I'm sorry Scott, but service like this is going to make me think twice about putting my business your way, given comparable pricing - I can accept postal delays from the Far East but almost a week to pick/pack two very small items is quite ridiculous.

I think most Chinese got back to work on 20th, so probably a backlog - I had the same with an Ebay purchase from China, delayed until they were back. Arrived yesterday.

I ordered a P2000 from the NL warehouse 1330hrs Monday and it arrived 1030hrs, Thurs - and for just $7.95 carriage......thumbs up

Pete