Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Pete - good to hear from you, and to know that we have a 'rep' on-site to ensure fair play in the race for our league members!

Look forward to seeing your pics later - if can get one of Lewis crossing the finishing line in 1st place, with Bottas and LeClerc following then that will be great! thumbs up

(Preferably also after 1 safety car, Vettel getting fastest lap, and Ricciardo finishing somewhere in 9-14th that would be better still, make up for my failed pole prediction! But I realise I may be asking a lot there...)

Advert

This surely is a bit weird, John...

I have exactly the same podium prediction, same SC, same for Ricciardo, same 'missed' pole position... only difference is Bottas for fastest lap...

Strange... but good luck to both of us then...

And of course good luck to all as well.

Cheers

Chris

As channel 4's coverage has now reached the end of the race, here are the results for our league for Spain;

Pos

Team Manager Pts
1 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 158
2 Pitts Specials john stones 154
3 Roos Racers rk295ELITE 149
4 Revers Racing Pete B 139
5 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 138
6 Torque of the devil Stu 134
7 PSS Power Flyer 131
8 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 123
9 GASTON Formula Chris McG 119
10 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 116
11 iqon racing iqon 112
12 AeroArrows Bondaero 110
13 Essex Racing Tony Clark 105
14 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 103
15 teewrex John Tee 99

Top place, with 158 points is... me. smile o (For once, prediction after prediction fell into place for me!)

Close behind - only 4 points behind - was John S. And only 5 points behind John was Robin on 149 points. Well done John and Robin.

Pete "inside knowledge" B is next on 139, a single point ahead of Gary.

Up next, where does this leave the overall table?

Here is the overall table after Spain;

Pos

Places Gained/

Lost

Team Manager Pts
1 +2 Pitts Specials john stones 746
2 +2 Roos Racers rk295ELITE 732
3 -2 GASTON Formula Chris McG 728
4 -2 PSS Power Flyer 726
5 +2 Revers Racing Pete B 692
6 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 690
7 -2 iqon racing iqon 688
8 0 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 659
9 +1 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 635
10 -1 AeroArrows Bondaero 597
11 +1 Torque of the devil Stu 569
12 -1 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 568
13 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 528
14 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 514
15 0 teewrex John Tee 464

Lots of place changes today!

At the top, John S and Robin both move up 2 places to 1st and 2nd, which means that Chris and Flyer drop 2 places to 3rd and 4th respectively.

Pete, making good use of his inside information (you knew I was going to say that, Pete!) moves up 2 to 5th, displacing Iqon down 2 to 7th, leaving Kev as our first non-mover of the day in 6th.

Gary holds on to 8th whilst my win today moves me up a place to 9th, pushing Bondaero down to 10th.

Finally Stu and Simon swap places taking 11th and 12th, the remaining places remain unchanged.

Up next is Monaco in two weeks. Can Mercedes continue their winning streak around the streets of Monaco?

Well done to both Johns & Robin. yes

This time my predictions were fairly ok (for me that is) but my team showed very poor performance.

Wondering how the Italian 'gazettas' are nailing down the Reds this monday morning... devil

See you all at the Riviera.

Cheers

Chris

Well, yet another race where my inside info didn't help in the least. Great result, well done, John!thumbs up

After a weekend of BBQs and paella, I've now drifted off to a nice campsite deep in the Aragon countryside to do a bit of tidying and dhobi-ing before heading further west, With mains hook-up, I've been able to do a bit of editing of pics.

Bit of a mixed bag, we'll start with a relatively unusual engine fire in one of the F2 cars on the formation ;lap of the Sunday race:

engine fire.jpg

A380 low (1000ft) and slow (180kts) flypast:

a380.jpg

Passing shots of Lewis, Seb, Charles and Max:

lewis.jpg

vettel.jpg

leclerc.jpg

max.jpg

Finally, last safety car lap just before Lewis scampered off like a rocket to set fastest lap (another 210pts in the bag!smile p)

restart.jpg

Pete

Is anybody else using a NowTV Smart Stick to watch SkyF! ? if so is it possible to record from the Now stick? Having decided that I must watch F1 and Indy 500 live I acquired a Now TV stick but it uses an HDMI socket and there is no spare socket on my Hard Disk recorder. So is it actually possible to record from it or have they prevented recording?

• 2 weeks later...

I guess John P is busy upgrading his team and/or predictions again, but here we go, gents.

DON'T FORGET YOUR PREDICTIONS...

... & this is valid for Simon W as well. wink

FP2 showed the Silver ones 0,7sec ahead of everybody, even though Max was having a leak (his car that is)...

No idea what Signore Binotto is going to try to explain this time.

So my predictions tend to be > P1 HAM, P2 BOT & P3 VER. Easy-peasy... angel

Cheers

Chris

Terrible news re Nikki, although after his lung transplant last year his long-term prospects didn't look good. I liked his interviews where he always called a spade a spade and didn't mince his words. RIP to a very courageous and determined man.

Meanwhile, astute buying and selling earlier in the season has put some useful funds in the budget and now means that I have the driver I wanted from the start, so you guys up front - check your mirrors - I'm on my way...smile pteeth 2

Pete