Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Right then folks...   the Channell 4 coverage must be over be now,  I haven't seen the race myself yet (busy day!) but I'll post the results and then go and watch it!

So here are our scores for today;

image.png.fbcd5f56b9e3d9b129d5e81dfa9b7d4d.png

Well done to Chris for taking top spot today with 165 points.  It looks Pete and myself are back to doing "something right" with 160 points each and 2nd and 3rd (or 2nd=?) places.  

As for the overall table, it now looks like this;

image.png.e4d45cabc578d8bfa7854052b4f27ce4.png

John S remains in top spot overall, while Chris moves up a place at the expense of Glenn.

Pete surges 3 places up to 4th with Iqon dropping 2 to 6th, and Tony dropping 1 place to 7th.

Stu and Charles each move up a place to 9th and 10th respectively, displacing Kev down to 11th.

All other places remain unchanged.

I'm off to grab a beer now and watch the race!

• Like 3

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all...

This one has snealed up on me,  I wasn't paying attention,  but it's MONACO this weekend!  So slightly later than normal, my usual reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

As usual for Monaco P1 and P2 were held on Thursday with a rather unusual look to the results there.  Perez in the Red Bull headed P1 from Sainz's Ferrari with the other RB third and Gasly 4th.  P2 saw the two Ferraris at the top with Hamilton 3ed.  P3 is at 11:00 (BST) this morning with qualifying at 14:00.  Sunday's race is also at 14:00.

I'm going to do my predictions now,  and possibly change them after P3!

Oh great...  I missed this "announcement"

"All team changes and predictions need to be submitted before the start of the final Free Practise session (FP3) which be 11am BST Saturday for the Monaco GP weekend"

Sorry if I misled anybody with my earlier post,  and they too missed out on their predictions... ?

• Like 1

Channel 4's coverage has now got to the end of the race, so time to see how we all did today.  First the scores today;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 2 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 153
2 7 3 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 153
3 4 2 Igoronic racing iqon 152
4 5 2 Essex Racing Tony Clark 147
5 11 2 teewrex John Tee 144
6 1 0 Pitts Specials john stones 143
7 10 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 132
8 3 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 126
9 6 1 PSS Power Flyer 114
10 9 0 Torque of the devil Stu 110
11 8 4 Revers Racing Pete B 48
12 12 4 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 47
13 13 1 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 45

VERY close at the top - we have Chris and Charles both scoring 153 points with Iqon only one behind in third with 152 points.  Well done to today's top three!

At the other end of the list...  myself, Pete and Simon were indulging in an almost equally close battle for last place.  I blame the early closure of the predictions this week, though to be honest I'm not sure I'd have got any predictions right!

So looking to the overall table this is how it looks tonight;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Pitts Specials john stones 815
2 2 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 790
3 3 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 744
4 4 2 Igoronic racing iqon 705
5 5 2 Essex Racing Tony Clark 699
6 6 1 PSS Power Flyer 675
7 7 3 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 647
8 8 4 Revers Racing Pete B 617
9 9 0 Torque of the devil Stu 614
10 10 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 607
11 11 2 teewrex John Tee 597
12 12 4 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 593
13 13 1 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 519

John S remains at the top - he was only 10 points adrift of the winners today and that is enough to keep him in first.  Chris and Glenn retain 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Iqon's result today moves him up 2 places to 4th, with Tony also moving up 2 to 5th.  Ade slips a place to 6th to make room for them.

Charles is also moving upwards, 3 places in his case to 7th with Pete moving 4 places in the opposite direction down to 8th.  Stu remains in 9th.

Kev and John Tee are both moving upwards, Kev is up a place to 10th with John up 2 places to 11th.

Finally I crash 4 places to 12th and Simon drops a place to 13th.

Well there was a lot more overtaking in our league table today than there was on the track.  Let's hope Baku in 2 weeks has a bit more action...

Final word for today from fantasygp.com;

An apology for players for our technical issues in previous races and to those who missed our communication around the early closing for the Monaco GP. Lessons have been learned and going forward we will do better and hope you can all enjoy Fantasy Grand Prix for the rest of the 2021 season and beyond.

• Like 1

Congrats to Charles & Igor.  ?

Really 'devastating' for Charles LEC at his home race... and for poor Valtteri as well...

As John S wrote, it really has been an eternity since we had a switch in the Constructor's ranking.

@Glenn Philbrick > you must be really impatient but Baku is within two weeks and not "next week"...  ?

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evenin' all!

As Iqon reminds us, it's Baku this weekend.  And once again a rather unfamiliar look to the P1 and P2 times today...  I'm not sure what to predict,  but I willl just say this;

Don't forget your predictions!

Now following the early closure of predictions last time, fantasygp say; 

"The good news is that for Azerbaijan and future races, the game will now return to being locked at the start of qualifying, as it should be. We still advise that you put at least some predictions and make any team changes in the week(s) leading up to the race so that you at least have something in for the race weekend. This is simple common sense – in case you are busy or forget before the start of qualifying and also means that if the game should suffer from any downtime due to high demand, you won’t miss out entirely."

I've put a 'banker' set of predictions already,  but might change them after P3. 

Iqon says he's off flying tomorrow.  I won't be able to, as tomorrow is the day we'd normally have a heliport on our strip and 100,000 people in close proximity watching some horses running around.  And of course, Her Majesty too.  This year the horses and helicopters will be there,  but the 100,000 people will be greatly reduced to about 4,000.  At least that should mean a lot less debris spread across the Downs for the 'clean-up squad' to remove on Sunday morning!

But back to Baku - qualifying is at 13:00 BST tomorrow, with the race at the same time on Sunday.