Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

I think it was a captivating race today, John P. 

Worth watching as soon as you can...

Thanks once more & congrats to Tony C for his first place.  ?

My predictions were a bit on the 'lazy' side, but at least my team did a great job in Southern France.

Cheers

Chris

1 hour ago, Tony Clark said:

My first, first place and 4th being the highest position in the league table the team has been 

In since entering a few seasons ago.

Forza Essex!

Well done but dont do it again.

• Haha 1

Once again we have a race weekend coming up.  Austria,  the Red Bull Ring,  and this weekend it's the Styrian GP.  (Next weekend it's the Austrian GP at the same circuit.)

So first, the customary reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

Verstappen has topped both P1 and P2,  with Gasly 2nd and Hamilton 3rd in P1,  and in P2 Ricciardo took 2nd with Ocon 3rd, and Hamilton only 4th.  Hamilton had however set the fastest time in P2, but had it deleted for a track limit infringement.  Verstappen is saying he expects qualifying to be close.

P3 is at 11:00 BST tomorrow, followed by qualifying at 14:00.  Sunday's race is also at 14:00.

• Like 2

The results are in on fantasygp.com and the Channel 4 coverage has reached the chequered flag,  so here are our scores from today;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 10 1 teewrex John Tee 157
2 2 0 Pitts Specials john stones 146
3 4 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 144
4 7 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 135
5 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 133
6 8 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 132
7 1 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 129
8 6 0 PSS Power Flyer 122
9 5 0 Igoronic racing iqon 119
10 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 111
11 3 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 102
12 9 1 Torque of the devil Stu 99
13 11 1 Revers Racing Pete B 91

Top place goes to John Tee with 157 points.  11 points down on John is John Stones with 146 points, with Tony just 2 points further back in third with 144 points.

Well done to today's top three!

So the overall table now looks like this;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 1254
2 2 0 Pitts Specials john stones 1217
3 3 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 1153
4 4 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 1132
5 5 0 Igoronic racing iqon 1102
6 6 0 PSS Power Flyer 1055
7 7 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 1044
8 8 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 984
9 9 1 Torque of the devil Stu 980
10 10 1 teewrex John Tee 945
11 11 1 Revers Racing Pete B 917
12 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 872
13 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 798

Chris holds on to top place, despite his mid-table score today.  John S holds on to 2nd, and Glenn remains third.

In fact, there are just two pairs of place-changes today.  Kev edges ahead of Stu, making them now 8th and 9th - though with only 4 points between them!  And John T's win today gives him enough points to power ahead of Pete B, and they now occupy 10th and 11th places respectively.

More of the same next weekend?  We're still at the Red Bull Ring, though this time for the Austrian GP. Don't forget your predictions!

• Like 1

Congrats, John T.

Well done...

My 'mid-field' score is the worse of this season, but what else can be obtained when one of my team mates can't even get to the second lap... and having some mildly lousy predictions myself...

Of course, I can always pretend I wanted John S a bit closer to me to keep an eye on him...  ?

Cheers

Chris

5 hours ago, McG 6969 said:

Congrats, John T.

Well done...

My 'mid-field' score is the worse of this season, but what else can be obtained when one of my team mates can't even get to the second lap... and having some mildly lousy predictions myself...

Of course, I can always pretend I wanted John S a bit closer to me to keep an eye on him...  ?

Cheers

Chris

I tried to usurp you, but an idiot did my predictions, plus my back up drivers qualified too high, so no bonus points. ?

• Like 1

I got the fifth highest score and I am still languishing at the bottom.....lol

My excuse is I don't have a TV Licence and so I don't watch live telly anymore.....

So my form is off....and last race I didn't even remember any predictions!!! lol

I remember 6 years ago I was top of the league!!! The good old days! ?

Edited by Simon Webb

On 28/06/2021 at 16:35, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

...but an idiot did my predictions, ...

A "sensible" person did my predictions,  but then some idiot (allegedly the same person... ? ) came along after P3 and changed some of them.  I should have left them as they were!

I don't really have an answer about 'split personalities' or 'schizo' tendencies, John P...

... but, at least, you should try to avoid "idiots' taking over from "sensible" persons...  ?

... only my humble 2 €-cent, obviously...

Cheers

Chris

• Haha 1

Right then...  it's another weekend,  and we're still at the Red Bull Ring - but this time for the Austrian GP.

As always, time for the reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

And a sub-note for me - think carefully before changing them after you see the results of P3! ?

Looking at the P1 and P2 results, I'm not sure what they tell us!  Verstappen headed P1 with the Ferraris taking the next two places.  Bottas was 4th with Hamilton 7th.  But in P2 Hamilton and Bottas took the top 2 places with Verstappen 3rd and the Ferraris way, way, down the field...

The times are the same as last weekend,  11:00 BST tomorrow for P3 with qualifying and the race at 14:00 tomorrow and Sunday.

• Like 1

The flag must have dropped on Channel4's coverage by now,  so let's see who did what in today's results;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 2 0 Pitts Specials john stones 166
2 1 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 159
3 6 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 149
4 4 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 136
5 8 1 Torque of the devil Stu 134
6 10 0 teewrex John Tee 132
7 5 0 Igoronic racing iqon 130
8 3 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 124
9 9 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 123
10 7 1 PSS Power Flyer 105
11 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 101
12 11 0 Revers Racing Pete B 95
13 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 78

And top place today goes to John S with 166 points.  Chris is just 7 points behind in second with 159 points and Charles completes our podium today taking third place with 149 points.

Well done to today's top 3!

At the other end of the scale Pete and I seem to be fighting over last place,  a fight that I won today...

So the overall table now looks like this;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 1413
2 2 0 Pitts Specials john stones 1383
3 3 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 1277
4 4 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 1268
5 5 0 Igoronic racing iqon 1232
6 6 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 1193
7 7 1 PSS Power Flyer 1160
8 8 1 Torque of the devil Stu 1114
9 9 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 1107
10 10 0 teewrex John Tee 1077
11 11 0 Revers Racing Pete B 1012
12 12 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 950
13 13 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 899

Chris holds on to top spot, though with a reduced gap on John S in second. 

There are just two place swaps today - Charles moves ahead of Ade taking 6th place and Stu retakes 8th from Kev - a reversal of last week's move!  At the foot of the table Simon and I are now the only players with a 3-digit score...

It was good to see Norris getting ihs McLaren into third today.  I thought his penalty for the incident with Perez was a bit harsh - and having penalised Norris the stewards were then 'forced' to give penalties to Perez for similar racing incidents.  

Anywas, in two weeks time it's Silverstone.  And apparently a full-capacity crowd. Don't forget your predictions!

Edited by John Privett
typos!
  • Like 1