Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Evening all!

With Channel 4's highlights programme coming towards the end,  it's time to have a look at our results this weekend from Brazil;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Pitts Specials john stones 285
2 2 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 239
3 8 1 PSS Power Flyer 226
4 7 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 225
5 12 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 209
6 4 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 206
7 15 0 teewrex John Tee 197
8 5 1 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 190
9 11 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 188
10 10 0 Hans Brake Zoonie 185
= 9 1 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 185
12 3 0 Iqonic racing iqon 171
= 13 1 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 171
14 16 0 Torque of the devil Stu 170
15 14 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 161
16 6 1 Revers Racing Pete B 148

And it's John S who tops the scores for this weekend with 285 points.

Tony is over 40 points back on 239 taking second place.

And third is Ade with 226 points this weekend.

Well done to today's top 3!

So how has this altered the overall scores?

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Pitts Specials john stones 3896
2 2 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 3811
3 3 0 Iqonic racing iqon 3640
4 4 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 3615
5 5 1 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 3434
6 6 1 Revers Racing Pete B 3397
7 7 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 3351
8 8 1 PSS Power Flyer 3287
9 9 1 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 3255
10 10 0 Hans Brake Zoonie 3112
11 11 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 3027
12 12 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 3012
13 13 1 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 2996
14 14 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 2723
15 15 0 teewrex John Tee 2567
16 16 0 Torque of the devil Stu 2379

Obviously John S's top place today means he holds on to top place overall - now with a lead of 85 points from Tony.

A little further down the table,  GrumpyGnome grabs 5th from Pete, who slips to 6th.  Ade takes 8th, pushing me down to 9th.  And finally Kev moves up ahead of Carl into 12th, leaving Carl in 13th.

All other places are unchanged.

So after 3 races in 3 weekends there's a 2-week gap until the next race - Las Vegas.  It's night-racing tere,  the earliest sessions (P1 and P3) are at 20:30 local time,  with P2 and Qualifying each starting at midnight and the race is at 22:00 on Saturday - all local times. For us here in the UK, this means that P1 is at 04:30 on the Friday, with P2 following at 08:00.  P3 is at 04:30 on Saturday with Qualifying at 08:00 on Saturday.  Sunday's race is at 06:00 for us - though it's actually Saturday in Las Vegas.

Anyway,  the main point of the above paragraph is that predictions for Las Vegas need to be done by 08:00 UK-time on Saturday 18 November.

• Like 1

Well Done top 3

had to look twice at that score - well done , well it was a sprint weekend lol

had to look twice at my score as well lucky to have held onto 3rd with how my drivers / cars performed.

looking foreward to Las Vegas but not at those times.

image.thumb.png.c515dbe96be0f7e32da7bccd1da07b05.png

Edited by iqon

Congrats to JohnS, Tony & Ade.

With two races to go, it seems that Tony might have some hard times to beat John in the standings. Forza Tony...

It looks like I still have a slight possibility to catch up with Igor. Forza Chris as well then.  😎

Anyhow we had a great battle between grand'pa Fernando and Checo. Well done to both.

See you all in The City of Sin...

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

F1 learns it overestimated fan demand for Las Vegas, the most expensive race of the year (Star Tribune)

'Well, the big race has finally arrived and tickets are still available, both directly and on a dramatically reduced secondary market. Hotel prices along the Strip have plummeted and all signs suggest first-time F1 race promoter Liberty appears to have grossly overshot the price point for drawing in new fans and spenders.'...

Not really surprising when you see the skyhigh 'packages' rates even with the included catering deals... !!! ...

Chris

Tony, I thought I had made my predictions, the points I made were dismal if I did. 

This weekends race I Have defiantly made predictions, yet I have less confidence than usual, where the points made have been poor. In many ways it is always surprising to me, in that the results have not really surprised me. An instance of this is expect Mercedes to do well, as the pundits suggest a low down force circuit. We all now know that they run with minimum rear gap normally to obtain high downforce, at the expense of drag, so we will see.

I have been surprised that Red Bulls, three in a row world driver championship, is seen as boring, needing more rule changes. Whereas there was deafening silence at Mercedes seven or was it eight builders record wins. A refusal to allow the other engine builders to develop their power package.

Hopefully I can do better next year.🙂

Afternoon all,

And so, after 40 years of on-and-off planning,  a Las Vegas GP is finally upon us - and with plenty of controversy!

P1 kicked-off on Thursday evening and was abandoned nine minutes later after a manhole cover came loose, damaging Sainz's Ferrari.  Only 5 laps had been run, so any times recorded are not really worth mentioning.  Ferrari had to replace Sainz's chassis and a battery pack - the latter incurring a 10-place grid penalty for use of components outside his permitted allocation.  An appeal - on the grounds that this was caused by the track problem - was rejected.  Not sure we've heard the end of that...  Ocon's Alpine also needed a replacement chassis after hitting the manhole.  And Zhou Guanyu, the driver behind Sainz on the track at the time, narrowly avoided hitting the dislodged manhole cover.

P2 was delayed due to the necessary track repairs and checks.  Originally scheduled for midnight (Las Vegas time) this morning, it eventually started just before 2:30am in front of empty grandstands which had been closed an hour earlier.  Fastest time was set by Leclerc,  half a second faster than Sainz in a Ferrari 1-2.  Alonso was 3rd fastest with Perez 4th.  Verstappen was 6th fastest with Hamilton only 9th.

P3 is scheduled for 04:30 (UK time) tomorrow morning,  with qualifying following at 08:00.  The race is scheduled for 06:00 Sunday morning UK-time,  which is 22:00 on Saturday in Las Vegas.  Not sure we've had a GP on a Saturday (local time) before - nor a GP weekend with qualifying and the race on the same day (quali starts at 00:00 Saturday Las Vegas time.)

So, finally;

Don't forget your predictions!

And good luck everyone.

• Like 2

It is clearly wrong that a track fault that has caused car damage can result in a penalty when reporting the damage to the car, rather than the track owners being penalised.

I thought that on other circuits where manholes are present are welded in place to prevent such issues?

Afternoon all!

Well that was a better race than I was expecting - thogh not so good for my team or my predictions...

But let's have a look at today's scores;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 3 0 Iqonic racing iqon 182
2 7 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 176
3 4 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 163
4 2 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 162
5 6 0 Revers Racing Pete B 152
6 16 0 Torque of the devil Stu 141
= 5 0 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 141
8 1 0 Pitts Specials john stones 133
9 13 0 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 126
= 14 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 126
11 11 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 124
12 12 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 122
13 9 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 110
14 10 0 Hans Brake Zoonie 105
15 8 0 PSS Power Flyer 102
16 15 0 teewrex John Tee 83

Top spot is taken today by Iqon with 182 points.

Simon takes takes second today just six points back on 176.

And Chris grabs third with 163,  but only a single point ahead of Tony!

Well done to today's top 3!

So,  how does this affect the overall table?

os League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Pitts Specials john stones 4029
2 2 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 3973
3 3 0 Iqonic racing iqon 3822
4 4 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 3768
5 5 0 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 3575
6 6 0 Revers Racing Pete B 3549
7 7 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 3527
8 8 0 PSS Power Flyer 3389
9 9 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 3365
10 10 0 Hans Brake Zoonie 3217
11 11 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 3151
12 12 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 3134
13 13 0 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 3122
14 14 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 2849
15 15 0 teewrex John Tee 2650
16 16 0 Torque of the devil Stu 2520

And, in terms of positions,  not at all!  No place changes at all today.

So going into the final race, John S is still in top spot,  but Tony couuld still catch him - it's a 56 point gap,  maybe unlikely, but possible.

Next weekend is Abu Dhabi with race/quali/practice at more-or-less 'normal' times of the day for us.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, McG 6969 said:

Congrats to Igor, Simon and... Gaston.

With over 50 points to 'cover up', Tony will have a very hard time to beat John.

With about the same 'bridge' to cross, I 'll have the same unprobability to close up the gap to Igor...

See you all in the desert

Chris

Good. 🏁 lol

Evening all!

Sorry for being a bit late today...  It's the last race of the season,  and we're in Abu Dhabi.

P1 saw a lot of unfamiliar names, as many teams were providing their reserve drivers with the mandatory session in a GP weekend.  Russell set fastest time in P1 from Drugovish (Aston Martin) with Ricciardo, Bottas and Stroll setting the next best times.  Hamilton and Verstappen (amongst others) sat-out P1, with reserve drivers taking their places.

P2 saw a bit of a return to 'normality',  though the session was shortened to 20 mins due to repair work being needed after a crash by Sainz. Leclerc set fastest time from Norris and Verstappen.  Bottas, Perez and Russell were next fastest, with Hamilton 8th.

P3 is on Saturday morning at 10:30 with qualifying at 14:00 (UK-time)  Which leads me to remind you all - for the last time this year;

Don't forget your predictions!

Sunday's race is at 13:00.

Good luck, everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1