Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Posted by Piers Bowlan on 31/12/2018 18:40:27:

An impressive and complex scale model Peter, somewhat different to your Frog Jackdaw (although equally nice I hasten to add!). I take it the Hirobo Lama is no longer in production sadly?

On the contrary! Hirobo are still very much in business, and this one is a new build from a new kit! I have to 'fess up to a vested interest, as my son has just started importing them! If you want one, you can get it through Midland Helicopters. **LINK**

This was its maiden flight. My son flew it, as we needed to set up the flybar-less controller, and he's the expert! One blade was slightly out of track. As a result of that test session, we've now fine tuned the flybar-less controller and tracking, and I've managed to get my hands on it, too! (I was flying it when the still was taken)

The electric conversion kit comes with a Scorpion motor, if you want to go electric. Also, although it will fly without, its probably best to invest in a flybar-less controller.

It does look the business, though, and flies well! They do a similar Hughes 300, too.

You can even still get the original "Shuttles" - all still in production, and they fit nicely in the Funkey scale fuselages for JetRangers, AirWolfs, etc. Nice compact little scale models!

Sorry - I'm beginning to sound like a salesman! Not my intention! blush

--

Pete

Edited By Peter Christy on 31/12/2018 19:24:19

Advert

After losing my ESM Hurricane late last year, here is the second flight of its replacement, another ESM again power by a Laser GA30 Petrol. apologies for the poor vid quality, just can't get the staff! And in case you’re wondering what happened at the end, a wheel fell off!

Edited By Ron Gray on 05/01/2019 11:36:10

Edited By Ron Gray on 05/01/2019 11:52:57

After that Hawthorn hedge jumped up and destroyed my Lancaster last year, I decided a replacement was required for all the salvaged parts.

So this is a 'work in progress', slow progress.

(Some of the pics rotated back to the original format).

lanc iib.jpg

lanc iie.jpg

lanc iif.jpg

It's not actually glued together yet, just pined for the pics. Another Depron with a little balsa build.

Still a lot of work. Wing will be around 102" span, haven't drawn it up yet.

Ray.

"QB10 scratch built from the old Pilot range of kits way back in the 70/80s.

Plan enlarged by 10%"

Does that make it a QB11?

Anyway. Log elsewhere on site, but, RM Aerobat, freebie plan from 1984. Given a slightly rounded decking compared to original, and a very slightly different tail outline.

20190117_120316.jpg

20190117_120345.jpg

100_5002 2.jpg100_4998 2.jpg100_4997 2.jpg100_4991 2.jpgI wanted to chime in as a new member, and thank you all for ur warm welcome. I thought I would post a few pics of my latest builds, and flying activity. Winter is upon us also here in the states, but I did take advantage of a couple days last week when we had some 60* days. On one day, I enjoyed taking out my recently finished Balsa USA Phaeton 90 biplane, W/ OS 120 4 stroke motor. It is such a joy to fly, easy on takeoffs, and a superb flyer. Landings are silky smooth, and predictable. Here are a few pics. Dean

100_4992 2.jpg

Edited By Dean Pollock on 24/01/2019 20:30:57