Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

So when the sun is shining the wind is a mere breath, which models does Paul decide to take to the field???.

I've got around 25 serviceable models which are ready to grab and go.. and deciding which ones to take causes much head scratching. I've even got a spreadsheet telling me when I last flew a model!!!. (Very sad I know), but I would lose track otherwise..

• 2 weeks later...

p1020795.jpgThis is my last winter build project ---"Snowy Owl" by Andy Lennon .I finished it about 3 months ago but needed for the "newness" to wear off before it flew .It was one of my most challenging builds to date .It introduced me to a number of innovations and construction issues .John Ballinger of our club maidened it last week .Apart from a few clicks on some trims here and there it flew well .If anyone is looking for something different to build I can recommend this and if you have Andy's book it will add to your enjoyment .p1020793.jpg The plan and build guides can be down loaded from Outerzone .

20181007_091609.jpg

All ready for a maiden at the Orme next weekend at the PSSA event in Llandudno. Join us if you have anything resembling scale that either looks good, or can fly.

This Canberra was a free plan in RCME&E and is designed by Andy Blackburn - his designs always fly well. See my blog which shows the build journey here **LINK**

Edited By Peter Garsden on 07/10/2018 17:17:29

• 3 weeks later...

It is a lovely model. I fly it free flight and just interferre with it occasionallylaugh

The covering is red Solarfilm for the fuselage and orange HK covering on the wings and tail.

THis is my second. the first many years ago had a Webra 40 FS, the one with the belt drive to the camshaft.

This one has electric power.10 minutes flying just brings the 3S 2200 battery down to storage charge.

Edited By Peter Miller on 05/11/2018 13:32:13

To a great extent I am finding that lugging a lot of gear across to the flying field is getting rather too tiring.

I was flying one of my i.c models the other week and loved it, nothing quite matches the performance and exhilaration but I was much tireder than usual afterwards.

So yes, I am having to slow down a lot.

I have a Mercury Aeronca Sedan kit, which I keep threatening to build. Normally it would be electric, particularly in that there is no engine cylinder head or an exhaust to hide. Yet in this case I have been contemplating putting in one of my old Glo (probably a Merco or OS 25), or perhaps an ED Racer or AM 25.

Then I think about all the gubbins needed for a glo, which I no longer have, or the difficulty of obtaining Diesel Fuel. At this point the idea goes onto the back burner.

The older I get, the less I like the cold, and have become far more aware of aches and pains.

Hi Erfolg.

Yes, you summed it up, old age has galloped up on me too.

The Aeroca Sedan was a lovely model,only neededan ED Racer 2.46 cc. Electric would be ideal.

Hi David

It is a 4-max 3535-870, a 30 amp ESC and a 12x6 wood propeller.

I know very little about electric power so I phone George at 4-Max. George knows that I don't like over powering models so he selected that combination.

It suits me and is intended for calm weather flying.It climbs to a fair height in very little time