Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

A replacement for my Hurricane which sadly met its end a few weeks ago, another ESM one I was lucky enough to find through the classifieds. It’s a work in progress, I’ve made a start by replacing the wire tailwheel with a more scale like one, taken out the threaded rod on the rudder for the pull pull system and replaced it with much smaller horns, re-routed the pushrod for the tailwheel internally, started weathering (it looked too new), got to refit the cut down exhaust stacks once I’ve moved the noseweight lead blocks to inside the cowl (lead shot and resin). Work still to be done, more weathering / spraying, make semi scale cockpit, replace Rx with redundancy system, the list goes on.

This is powered by a Laser GA30 (petrol) which gives it more than adequate performance. AUW just under 20lbs.

3b5a6a43-81e0-467c-9870-cc5423a9fef4.jpeg

51c472d7-acde-41d6-890a-e0d4e518642f.jpeg

Advert

Posted by Trevor on 09/12/2018 08:16:01:

Returning to the indoor theme:

img_2008.jpg

Pietenpol Sky Scout, from the Stevens Aero kit, via Micron RC. Weight, radio gear etc. almost identical to Peter's Moth a few posts back.

Trevor

I do like the Stevens Aero kits, build into good flyers and I have always had good service from Micron RC over the years. The Steven's Aero kits are much better executed than the Banggood ones, really like how well yours has turned out.

1543527994790.jpg

I last made a Swannee in 1966 with single channel McGregor kit plus escapement. All powered by a DC Merlin.

Just finished and maidened my Swannee II . Increased plan size by 26%. Its lecky powered and controlled by Spektrum AR7 Rx. It now has Ailerons, Elevators and Rudder plus Fowler flaps.

I know purists may not like what I have done but I was determined to relive my first RC aircraft in modern format. I havne't had time to add decoration and trim but that will happen soon now that I know it flies well.

1543070158163.jpg

T

Edited By Dane Crosby on 14/12/2018 22:08:50

Whilst Balsa building I have been playing around printing planes below is my SwingBlade , I didn't design this it,s available from 3Dlab print as a gcode file it takes a good few hours to print and then assembled with medium CA and accelerator this is not as easy as may be imagined without a lot of practise and careful use of both CA and accelerator

dscf8069.jpg

dscf8068.jpg

dscf8067.jpg

• 2 weeks later...