Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Given the almost universal praise these are getting, I'm pretty sure I will 😀

Whilst I would have liked to have bought this from the LMS (not that local really!), I couldn't find one in his scheme.  £66 delivered from China; ordered 23/8, arrived this afternoon.........

Clear canopies sound good.

Advert

Dawn Patrol at the flying field, with the baby Wolfie. What a hoot!  Full stabilisation - boring; midd - ok; stabilisation off - uncontrollable!  Landed, reduced ele and ail by 50% - magic!

Great fun and very highly recommended.

Think I'll search for one without a tranny as binding to my Radiomaster was effortless with the latest MPM firmware.

Edited by GrumpyGnome

Excellent.

On Ali Express for the aeroplane only - typically with spare props and landing gear - they are as low as mid thirty quids, which with the tax takes them to just over forty quids delivered. Extreme care needed with the Ali Express ads though, so that you know exactly what you are getting - it pays to shop around. Also the deal with five 400mah batteries and a USB charger to do all five at once has come down from about 13 quid earlier this year to about eight quid now.

• 2 weeks later...

Maidened the Seagull Chipmunk last Saturday. Powered by an Enya 120R , 15x8 APC prop. No drama, few clicks of right aileron and few of up elevator.  Did junk the kit supplied pilot busts. Canopy is currently fixed with screws and double sided tape for easy removal once I get a pilot bust of my liking. 

Short clips of maiden T/o and landing captured on phone camera

Seagull Chipmunk .jpg

Edited by Manish Chandrayan
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Manish Chandrayan said:

Maidened the Seagull Chipmunk last Saturday. Powered by an Enya 120R , 15x8 APC prop. No drama, few clicks of right aileron and few of up elevator.  Did junk the kit supplied pilot busts. Canopy is currently fixed with screws and double sided tape for easy removal once I get a pilot bust of my liking. 

Short clips of maiden T/o and landing captured on phone camera

Seagull Chipmunk .jpg

Beautiful Chipmunk and well flown by the pilot.  I had looked at this one myself whenever it was released.   Would you recommend it?   Kind regards Aidan 

Aidan, Thank you! Apart from minor ARTF niggles there were no major issues with the assembly. Looks quite close to a proper Chipmunk, flies good (as also attested by many others on this very forum). In short, from your posts I see that you are not a novice, yes go for it    

Edited by Manish Chandrayan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manish Chandrayan said:

Aidan, Thank you! Apart from minor ARTF niggles there were no major issues with the assembly. Looks quite close to a proper Chipmunk, flies good (as also attested by many others on this very forum). In short, from your posts I see that you are not a novice, yes go for it    

Many thanks Manish.  I think I will go for it.   Regards Aidan 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Paul Marsh said:

New plane. OS 91FS. Fiesler Storch. German WWII STOL aircraft, one of the last Luftwaffe aircraft to fly. Used to fly generals in and out of the Berlin führerbunker landing on the Tiergarten, until the Red Army overran it.

Storch (5).JPG

Storch (6).JPG

Storch (7).JPG

Storch (8).JPG

Storch (9).JPG

Storch (10).JPG

Beautiful scale German Plane.   My type of of aircraft and must sound fantastic with that fourstroke on board.  

• Like 2