Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

Posted by Peter Miller on 14/04/2016 12:53:15:

Correction. Size Zero + is 50" span, 470 sq. in.

Whatever the wing span, Peter, it sits very nicely in the air and looks the part. Just a couple of questions.

1: Have you employed the plastic paper binder idea you suggest for the Ballerina. It looks like it.

2: It appears to have quite a short moment from wing to tail feathers. Does it affect elevator control?

It's certainly up to your usual high standard of design and construction. I really must get on to finishing my Ballerina blush

Geoff

Yes, it does use the binder systm. That is so easy I doubt if I will ever leave the wires bare again.

The moment arm is an inclh longer that the original and than it should have been as a direct scale up as aerobatic enough. This one is just about the same. I think the tail plane percentage might be slightly larger

The model needed a bit of lead in the nose. as this time the fuselage sides and tail assembly are solid sheet.

Correction to name - typo should read 'Hill Billy', well on a proper slope on Saturday it flew very well, I let others fly it (him) and from the feed back. given I've altered the aileron deflection to give a faster /more roll and will alter the front nose cover (I call the slipper) attachment method from dowel and rubber band to round magnet. Phil Cooke took some pictures and when I get them i'll put them on here.

Look forward to those Mark.

Just thought I would post a couple of recent additions to the fleet as they came from just over the canal from my old mate Gustav Staufenbiel in Deutschland. 3.5m Phoenix Ka-8B and 2.5m Pitchler (VQ) MotorSparrow - great flying models for club, thermal, slope and (MotorSparrow) park flying.

k82.jpg

28.jpg

img_20160415_104022.jpgNice job on the Hill Billy Mark. From the tip shot it looks like the wing would be easy to make in the Armin style if you wanted a more waterproof airframe now the planform's proved itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_RzXO5u3M0

Here's a new one from me using an RM1 airfoil. Made from a scrap piece of close beaded packing foam (34" x 10" x 1" with the chamfered airfoil cut using a kitchen knife (don't tell the wife!) Maiden flight completed yesterday at Bratton Camp. Hands off stable but loops and rolls sloooooow. Will move c of g back for my next outing

img_20160415_104253.jpg