Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

Thanks Cymaz and Percy, Is my attempt at a garden or lack of attention and maintenance that clear?cheeky

Gives me more time for the all important trying not to crash models or gluing others together. Australia needs more men like me.teeth 2

Next time out I will go from a 16x8 down to a 16x6 prop, The clubmate that sold me this untouched boxed Arf model recommends a step down in pitch. He has the same engine, model, and size but different brand. So his advice is good.

Posted by ron evans on 10/04/2016 11:32:59:

Nice model and a fine tribute to your father.

Ron

Absolutely!

Not quite the same thing but the Fairey Swordfish pictured below was built by the neighbour of one of the members of my former club in England and is a replica of one he flew in WW2. My clubmate provided the engine and radio and demonstrated it for him. It gained a round of applause on landing.

fairey swordfish.jpg

Whilst we're on a Peter Miller theme, and keen to celebrate Peter's achievements, I've just completed Peter's CAP20L.

I was tempted by the Ballerina, and may yet build one, but, the CAP was somehow more appealing.

I increased the wingspan to 56" (112%) as I had an Irvine 46 looking for a home, and have tried to recreate the Viterbo Aero Club scheme.

dsc00145_s.jpg

The covering is HK white, with self-adhesive vinyl trim donated by a club mate. He used to work in a motorcycle shop and acquired the ends of rolls, rather than see them go into the skip. I understand that the colours are Honda Red and Kawasaki Green - not really the Italian flag colours, but good enough!

I didn't make the spats as I suspect they wouldn't last the first taxi to the flight line on our field.

Weight is 5lb 12oz so should have plenty of power for sports flying.

To be maidened when the Northern Powerhouse weather improves.

GDB

Posted by Andrew Price 2 on 12/04/2016 18:26:22:

Sorry. I know this is not the correct place to post this but no idea where the correct place may be.

I need to change the email address that I recistered here with but cannot fathom out how.

Does any passing formite, or mod, know how to do this, please?

Go into settings top left of page, then my account

I usually only post photos of my models after they've flown and tonight we carried out a test glide of my PSS Vulcan ahead of it's maiden flight at the PSSA meeting at Llandudno this weekend. However on the test glide she flew for over 100 yds from a hand launch on a flat field and had enough time in the air for me to waggle the sticks and get a bit of a feel for her. The landing was so smooth we barely detected the change from flying to landed so I'm classing this as the Vulcan's maiden flight! laugh

20160410_133719.jpg

She was in the air for so long I could have tested the bomb bay doors if I'd thought about it! So I did a quick video after the flight!

Also tried a test glide on the Jet Provost but that needs more air speed and more wind/lift so not a maiden yet, and no photo!