Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

Not so much a "new model", more a rebuild.

The old club trainer (Ripmax) got trashed again last week and looked pretty terminal.

I decided to strip it completely down and found it wasn't quite as bad as it looked, only needing a new firewall and half a side sheet. However the much abused covering was a mess (mostly parcel and gaffer tape), so I gave it anew new suit.

hot canary 1.jpg

hot canary 4.jpg

Don't think it will stay that clean for long though !

Extract from listing

“full fiberglass originated seagull. The wing is constructed in two parts and is connected via a 6 mm carbon rod. The hull is created in a 4-part mold and has a molded elevator, a previously marked beak and eyes. The rudder Lexan is plugged into a snug slot"

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 13/05/2016 20:13:58

PNP Wanabee bought from a swap meet several weeks ago but just got around to getting it flying. Too much elevator throw on the maiden flight yesterday causing it to stall and spin. Throws now set to Stans recomendations and it flies a treat. Very aerobatic with some thought about entry and exit lines in light winds so look forward to flying it in a stronger blow now it's set up properly.

20160513_174011.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks to BMFA classifieds, I now own and fly this Rapture 50. Designed and built by Steve Dunning a few years back, this model looks and flies great. YS 63 up front is somewhat more than adequate!

Very well built and covered model yet extremely light.

rapture field.jpg

I started putting this together what seems like many moons ago now.

Today, a conjunction between having 2 free hours and fine weather led to the maiden flight. At around 225w per pound it was certainly no slouch and was in fact much quicker through the air with power off than I'd anticipated. Only managed the maiden plus one more flight and some balancing/trimming is still needed.

This is my first model that doesn't have a rudder. In practice of course it doesn't need it but I really missed it. If I buy another similar model in the future a rudder will be an essential requirement.

However, I still enjoyed flying the model and look forward to further flights soon.

cheetah 2 copy.jpg

Edited By Steve Colman on 17/05/2016 14:10:23

Edited By Steve Colman on 17/05/2016 14:10:38

Hi Folks, Here is my first photo and it is of my Hobbyking DC3 Dakota on a low pass at the Cramlington club in Northumberland. It has been vastly repainted as most of my ARTF foamies are because out of the box they look plasticy and toy like.dakota

And here is my Lancaster built for PSS from the Tony Nijhuis plan using foam and plywood and covered in brown paper. Film of it flying is on Youtube just search for PSS Lancaster Titlington 3 and you should find it. We built three of these, two have flown and one is a hangar queen gathering dust in my mate Chris's cupboard at home.ians_lanc4[1].jpg

Looks like a cheetah Steve?, what power train are you using?...I run mine on a Mega 22/30/3E from memory, with a 4s (slab shaped Rhino one so it pushes back)...nice viceless model....I added a touch of reflex, spoiler (ailerons raise slightly mixed with down ele, for landings)...

extra slim, yes it's a Cheetah.

Power is provided by a Turnigy Aerodrive 35-42 1185kv motor with a 12x6 prop and a 2200mah 3S. In fact, I need to prop it down as the system is pulling too many amps for it's longevity.

I too have programmed a spoileron/elevator mix for landings but still need to fine tune it to find the sweet spot. Once I have everything dialed in I think it's going to be a very enjoyable model to fly despite the absence of a rudder.

Steve.

Edited By Steve Colman on 17/05/2016 16:34:59

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

As a break from building an Xtra Wot and feeling the need to finish something I have built a half size Kid, a 1941 French pylon model designed by Georges Bougueret. The plan was published in July 1947 in Model Aircraft magazine and then the 50% version in November 1988 Aeromodeller.

To fit a KP01 electric motor and timer I had to adjust the fuselage and pylon. Covering is sealing tissue and dope, finished weight is 60gms. Finder label installed ready for a calm summers evening.