New site appearance

Advert

Posted by cymaz on 11/07/2013 15:19:27:

Err....is there a way to find out where that info is on the computer please

I take it you mean identifying your browser, cymaz? Likelihood is you'll be using a version of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, with several rarer possibilities like Safari etc. My Firefox has the word in a button top left.

You should get a clue somewhere in the header - look for 'Properties' - that'll tell you which version you are using.

Pete

Posted by fly boy3 on 11/07/2013 15:50:26:

Not a complaint, an observation perhaps, are the ads on r/h side larger than before, or is it my old pc playing up ? Cheers

No, you're right they're larger and rectangular now. There are a few more to fix though.

Yes, I prefer the new colour and Katy has tweaked the forum text colours too.

Oh dear......... if only there was a button to be able go back to use old site style option, much tidier and user friendly. I have been building web sites for twelve years now and have browsed thousands of sites looking at trends etc, but I feel this one has missed something. I notice a lot are complaining about larger ads Sh....Ill tell you how to get rid of them......... Press Ctl on keyboard at same time scrawl mouse wheel back towards you Regards Bob

Katy, there's nothing to negotiate. A highlight colour for read threads is absolutely essential. Its part of what the forum is about, quickly navigating your way back to a previously read thread to look for answers/further comments etc but whilst still in the main body of posts - not having to go to a separate menu looking for bookmarks or something similar.

Removing the highlight colour is a seriously retrograde move and I hope you will tell that to whoever requested its removal.

Ian

P.S. Now that its broken, fix it!devil