FrSky Taranis - user chat

Bob Cotsford

Advert

Posted by Chris Bott - Moderator on 16/07/2014 20:20:47:

If I remember correctly John, to adjust things like throttle ratchet and throttle stiffness you just need the back off, and to adjust the appropriate little screw.

I can't remember about stick tensions though, sorry.

It's all easily done, though I don't now recall where I found the 'instructions'.

It took me about 10 minutes to disable the throttle ratchet, set the throttle friction and adjust the spring tenions to my liking. And most of that time was spent taking the back off and putting it back on again!

The OpenTX University page is a good resource, I'd been fiddling with a Vario and wondering why altitude gain wasn't registering - turns out that what I thought was gain - GAlt - is actually GPS Altitude!

Setting up a 'Play Value - Alt' at > 400' function gave us all a surprise at just how high 400' really issurprise

Now to try the 150A current/consumption sensor in the DH110.

I flew two models today with my Taranis gear.

Rock solid. I really like the three way switches for aileron throws.

Set up my trusty magician with the following throws on switch SD for aileron, using the same switch position as on my old TX

100%

60%

45%

Found the 100% way to sensitive. Eventually settled on.

60%

45%

25%

Still fully aerobatic at 45% and very sedate at 25%.

There is so much flexibility in the way this thing can be programmed. No drama to change things at the field either.

I then flew my "Maxi Jazz". No adjustment required here. Just had a blast and threw it around like a crazy thing.

Kev

Edited By Kevin Fairgrieve on 17/07/2014 15:51:23

In my dlg I use the full range telemetry FrSky D4R-II 4 Channel Telemetry it has two antena's and is very small . You just need a y leed to connect power if using all 4 channels, but having said that you can get 8 channels out of it utiising cppm out put setting. the one antena RX would be good for park flyers but if you got any carbon or shielding effect in your airframe then the 2 antena will be best

Edited By flight1 on 17/07/2014 20:03:27

I just had a bit of fun doing some programming. (I'm now at V2.0.7 by the way).

I wanted some elevator compensation for knife edge flight, the model needs some down elevator putting in whenever the rudder is used for knife edge.

I also wanted it adjustable, i.e. the amount of compensation can be adjusted while I'm flying, using a knob.

First thing was a Special Function, chosen from the dropdowns:- ON - Adjust GV1 - Source - S1 (S1 is the left hand front panel knob) This gives me a Global Variable that I can adjust with the knob.

Next I realised I needed down ele whether the rudder went left or right. So a curve was set up that goes down both ways from centre. I eventually settled on a 5 point fixed x curve -50, -25, 0, -25, -50

Next was a new mix on the Ele line, chosen from dropdowns:- [I4]Rud Weight(GV1) Switch SBv NoTrim Curve1
(Entering it is actually easier than writing it down)

This means: The input is the rudder stick, the weight of the mix is controlled by GV1 i.e.the knob, its only active when switch SB is down, it ignores any rudder trim and it follows curve1.

I've also added a note that shows up on the Tx screen when I switch on, or select the model. This reminds me that I have this setup. (could be dangerous if I forget to set the knob)

Once I've adjusted it to my liking, I'll remove the knob function and put in a fixed number.
If I find I need a different amount left to right, I'll adjust the curve.

Wish me luck! I might need it smile o

Help, I've just downloaded and installed 2.07 and I seem to have lost the display of my timers on the main screen. The timer is still working cos if I set it to 10 mins and start it the voice counts down the minutes - I just don't have the display. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?