A place for Pushy Cat builders to hang out

GrahamC

Advert

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Martin Cavie on 15/04/2014 21:25:03:

Mine has now had a couple more flights and on the motor prop combination it certainly does not hang around. It has quite a pitch change from half to full throttle. But to be honest you don't need full throttle very often

same here, I might mix some down elevator in with throttle as it's already got 2 washers worth of downthrust.

To be honest, I doubt I will fly it again before the Greenacres do. Now it's built and I've flown it it's appeal has gone, that probably happened the first time I lost sight of it nose on. I suspect it will be on ebay the week after Greenacres if not before.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 16/04/2014 11:53:22

Been flying mine again today, I love itsmiley

now we have a bit of blue sky I can see it proper.

one thing I did notice on the second flight, I had to put quite a few clicks of uptrim in elevator.

I had not been careful enough in putting battery in, I just have a pencil mark for placement.

I will alter this by putting a balsa stopper in. correct C.G every time then wink

Must admit that having got mine 'sorted', I sort of fell out of love with mine. It's fast, it looks good but I've now got loads of planes that give me more of a buzz and can do more.................... Inverza, Mini Ultra Stik, Spirit, etc. etc.. I suspect I'll bench mine soon and put the kit in something else. Possibly something that'seasier to transport in an A3!

Possibly a sign of the times as with the exception of the MUS, they're all much more modern.

All this choice and diversity is just one of the great things about our hobby !

GG

Flown mine again this afternoon and I've finally managed to do the under-arm launch. It goes up vertically, amazing! It's a fast flyer and climbs like a bat out of hell, with the tip-tanks etc. it looks very Venom-ish in the sky, this afternoon it was up at the same time as a colleagues Durafly Vampire and that was really good to see. Unfortunately all I had to take pictures with was my iPhone and I couldn't do it while I was flying! I'll try and sort something out next time.

The only problem I have is the same as Bob commented on, when you turn it head-on it seems to disappear! I have the same problem with the Tucano to some degree, it's because of the very thin wing. However, if you hold your nerve, as soon as you make a manoeuvre it becomes visible again! I'm gaining confidence with it now. It really is a fine flyer and very jet-like in the way it moves about the sky. No vices even down to very low speeds.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would add a note on flying my own PC (the one with built up wing)

Today is the first time I have self launched it. It was not without trepidation, in that my first half throttle launch was not successful, when some one launched it for me. The model sinking to the ground, with wings rocking. A full throttle launch was then successful, when they launched the model.

Anyway today, I girded my loins, clinched my buttocks, thought of England and St. George. I opened the throttle fully, launched with a under arm toss. The model just moved out climbing slowly, dead straight. Not a problem.

Conclusion, if I can launch this way, i would expect any modeller who can fly a model will find the process just as simple.

I did try some slow flying, which it does extremely well, Green acres will demonstrate if there is any real difference in slow flight.

At the other end of the flight spectrum, i think it is much slower, not being outstandingly fast. Tight turns do not cause a problem.

This is only my second flight, the models probably 6th flight, it seems the model is a good un.

Edited By Erfolg on 29/04/2014 20:14:00

• 1 month later...

Well I think I will be taking the award for taking the longest to build a Pushycat blush

I bought all the wood and materials I needed on the 01st November 2013 and my last update was on 15th February. Heres todays update -

Today I installed the 3 control horns on to the aileron and elevator surfaces and connected the up to my servos with homemade carbon fibre pushrods yes

50.jpg

Still to do list -

Sort servo wires out for all 3 servos, install receiver and speed controller, sort out C of G incl where lipo needs to be.

Defo going to get this up in the air before the year of starting embarrassed

baz

You're right John. This was an attempt to get some decent pictures and really these are reject quality. Son James was wielding the Fuji S2000, set up for high speed shooting and high resolution, panning hard. Still poor, in fact the Iphone does a better job!

I've got no flying pics of this on the thread, so I thought these were better than nothing. It does look quite distinctive in the air, I'm very pleased with it and it's quite a spectacular flyer for me.

Posted by mightypeesh on 15/06/2014 09:38:49:

Hi chaps - really daft question - where do you buy the plans for this as all I can find are the ones for the vintage plane of the same name?

Many thanks, Simon

Simon, I ended up with multiple copies including the magazine with the pull-out plan. PM me if you want it for a couple of quid to cover p&p

Bob

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 15/06/2014 09:57:53:

Posted by mightypeesh on 15/06/2014 09:38:49:

Hi chaps - really daft question - where do you buy the plans for this as all I can find are the ones for the vintage plane of the same name?

Many thanks, Simon

Simon, I ended up with multiple copies including the magazine with the pull-out plan. PM me if you want it for a couple of quid to cover p&p

Bob

.................................................................................................................................

better still Simon-jump in the car and hot foot to NE...1's castle and buy the one I built for greenacre's..complete and ready to go........

pc4sc2.jpg

ken Anderson....ne..1......retail dept.