Paisley model shop

I don't know if it's closed, but it wouldn't surprise me. I had a lot of problems with an order back in November, 2013. My CC payment was taken immediately, but the item never arrived and emails were ignored. When I rang to ask if it had been despatched, they were very vague, claiming their website had been hacked. They wouldn't give me a tracking number and said they would chase Parcelforce, but never called back despite multiple follow-up calls from me. Then they claimed to have refunded my money but my CC was never credited. In the end I had to make a claim through my CC provider, which wasn't contested by the merchant. Maybe it was a sign of impending doom for them.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 27/02/2014 15:08:49

now closed as far as i am aware.

the owner organised indoor flying but never turned up to the last sessions to collect fees. one of the indoor group tried to reach him for a few days via phone and then visited the shop to find it closed. he spoke to a 3rd party who advised that the shop is closed. the council are due fees which means they are being obstructive about us taking on the remainder of the let which means we are now without a venue. if we had been informed or asked to take over running of the event we could have transitioned it in advance.

unfortunately the writing has been on the wall for a while. i've tried to support the shop for the past 2 years since getting back into the hobby but a serious lack of the bare essentials (i.e. no glue in the shop since late Sep13) and parts/materials for micro/indoor models meant i was forced to go elsewhere to purchase.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 27/02/2014 15:09:12

cmf hobbies http://www.cmfhobbies.com/ or uddingston model centre http://www.uddingstonmodelcentre.com/ are probably the next nearest.

i have only been in cmf once but it had everything i needed. it was a bit like aladdins cave in that more you looked properly the more stock there was. i have not been in uddingston.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 27/02/2014 15:09:55

Neill67 and other Scots lads. Try Scoonie Hobbies for fuel. They did do orders for a minimum though of 4. Some clubs also do bulk buy in for members. who can get one at a time. Prices were ok too.

Not decrying English lads but Scoonies are a bit far North perhaps.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 27/02/2014 15:10:39

Hi Eddie,

Welcome to the forum. I have approved this post not without some reservations, as there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation.

I would ask that no personal information be posted on the open forum and that anyone with such information contact Eddie by PM.

Pete

Posted by edward hughes 5 on 24/02/2014 19:38:28:

good evening I recently put various rc items into the paisley model shop but .The shop has closed leaving myself and numerous other enthusiasts left in the lurch without our models would anyone have an idea were William McDonald stays .here's hoping someone can Help . Eddie

Nope, cannot explain that, so I'll just quote the post...smile

Pete