Who needs enemies ...when you have friends like this

Oh dear, I've just check my somewhat 'large' stock of batteries and my Velcro etiquette is, um, in tatters! There's roughly a 40-40 split either way between furry or hooky and about 10% of them don't even have Velcro on.

Do I need professional help? crook

John,

I guess that I'm the mate that caused you the velcro problem, unless there's another club member that does it the right way.

I picked up this top tip from the Viz magazine. I'm surprised you don't all know about it.

"Always stick the Bristly side of velcro onto your Lipo batteries - This way, they won't be sat idle when you are getting ready to go to the pub - you can use them for removing dog hairs from you best clothes".

I didn't realise that it was Mode thing ----Mode 1 flyers put the fluffy bit on the plane, XT60 & hooks on the Lipo. John obviously is Mode 2.unless he puts the hooks on the plane with the throttle on the left in which case i suppose he is Mode 1A..........or Mode 1D if he uses Deans.......

Being a Mode 1 pilot in a Mode 2 club means you dont have to lend your plane to anyone else, putting your Velcro on the other way around means you dont have to lend your Lipos either.........

............snag is you cannot borrow a Lipo or a plane!

Self adhesive Velcro is the stuff electric flyers use to keep their Lipos in place and glow flyers use when the zip jams on their trousers. It's also handy to get a laugh at the flightline by attaching some to the back of a chair when the club know all is wearing a fluffy pullover.........

Hi Guys.

Whats up with a guard cat, my wife and I keep large Siberian Forest Cats and Maine Coons.

Our last Siberian was 26 pound in weight and he had inch and a quarter fangs, oh yeah, they hunt deer in the wild. He also had a couple of dogs in his time, much to their shame. Their big teddy bears, bond really well with kids and are very protective of them.

Siberian Cat

Maine Coon Cats are an American breed that can also be rather large (picture below). Their also big teddy bears and are great with kids cause their so placid like the Siberian.

maine coon.jpg

Maine Coon

So before you guys have a go at cats, go see one of these guys. They play fetch, can be trained to do obstacle courses and are so curious and smart its unreal.

They like raw food as well as kibble type food so if you get one you better not be squeamish. Oh, they eat a lot of food, so you might need a second mortgage.

I teach mine to hunt/play when their little using indoor Blade Helis in my back garden, it keeps them fit and agile. My Blade Nano & MCPX have been rebuilt so many times and has cost so much to repair, but my guys are worth it.

On another note, you walk one of these in the park on a lead and the ladies are all over you. Oh yeah, both breeds are really easy to train to walk with a harness.

Much, much better than a dog.

Remember, real men like cats.

Paul

Edited By Paul Luby on 18/06/2014 23:06:26

Hi Guys.

Must have misread the "not on this page" comment.

On topic though, I use the Scorpion Heli Velcro Loops. They have a none slip rubbery surface on them that really stops the battery from moving around. They can be a little pricey, but you pays for what you get.

For other Velcro uses, I like the 3M industrial stuff that I get off e-bay. Its self adhesive and I've never had any come off, in fact you have a fight on you hands to get the Velcro apart.

Paul

A long time ago, when Nigel Hawes column in RCM&E included many humorous happenings to modellers, old Nige told the tale of why fluffy side on the battery is a good idea. My trusty 500AR packs (remember those) were fitted with the bristly velcro to the pack and, prepping for a wonderful warm summer evening's flying, I'd laid the newly charged pack down on the rear parcel shelf of my car, to take the top of the pod on my Zagi.

Chucked the model and flew her around for a bit, then, all of a sudden there was a departure from the model and something black plummetted to earth. I gamely fought the model down to earth, managing a cushioned landing and no damage, to find a Zagi with no battery. That was my most remarkable feat of flying, being able to control that Zagi down to the ground, without any power to the radio.....

Couldn;t find the battery pack, after much searching (but was able to find it the following evening when returning with a metal detector - one one cell was still above ground, the rest of the pack was completely buried),

The relevant bit was the two neat bits of bristly velcro, neatly clinging to the fluffy covering on the rear parcel shelf of the car.

The summer heat, plus that of fast charging had warmed the adhesive sufficiently for the velcro to detach from the packs, so the model had flown with only the fluffy velcro on the pod - the pack departure was inevitable. That is when I started fitting velcro "seat belts" to retain my battery packs and not just trusting to the contact adhesion alone.

Edited By leccyflyer on 19/06/2014 07:47:04