Who needs enemies ...when you have friends like this

I went flying Saturday with an electric model, forgot my battery's. no problem my mate lends me a couple.smiley So off we go, why do I need to keep re trimming elevator? best land and check servo.. no that's o.k. Take battery out. The idiots only gone and stuck bristly Velcro to battery, and everybody knows its fluffy side to battery don't they wink The moral of the story ? don't forget your battery's embarrassed

John

A true gentleman always has fluffy Velcro on the battery - only a complete cad would contemplate the alternative!

In my opinion aero-modelling is not what it used to be - they let all sorts of riff-raff in these days - I blame comprehensive education and allowing boys under 13 to wear long trousers! We are breeding a nation of wimps, I mean to say - hooky Velcro on the battery, next they'll be wanting the ice removed from the bath water and where would we be then?

It is the end of civilisation as we know it - barbarians at the gates. I trust you reported the matter to the committee - this sort of thing needs to be stamped out - thin end of the wedge and all that - what.

Outraged of Tonbridge Wells

AKA BEBwink 2

Posted by Chris Bott - Moderator on 06/05/2014 22:48:58:

Definitely fluffy side on battery John, the bristly side would just pick up bits of grass and all sorts. thumbs up smile p

I knew there had to be a practical reason for the convention - I know what it is now!teeth 2

Pete

Well I cant' believe the stupidity of John's mate when there is plenty of information about the securing of batteries with Velcro. It's a process that takes just seconds and is easily explained on this video that you can use as a sleeping aid rather than counting sheep!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=our_R15GKtQ

I fixed my very first Lipo in my YAK 55 last week and of course I stuck the fluffy Velcro in the plane!----I need counselling!

​MJE

Now come on, chaps, use some common sense! Surely its obvious that if you put the bristly side on the batteries, they will stay stuck to the carpet in the car, and not slide around whilst driving to the field!

And if you have carpet in your boot, you can even use the batteries to stop the models sliding around, too!

wink

--

Pete

Edited By Peter Christy on 07/05/2014 10:13:22

If this sounds muffled it's 'cos I have the body armour on and the visor down on the helmet - and I'm whispering - - - - - but I have the hooky side Velcro on my batteries.

I wondered why other leccy fliers always seem a little distant, thought it was my flying, or the occasional wearing of a tie at the flying field ( my wife just thought it wasn't a good look with a Led Zep T shirt ).

I'm a bristly battery man too. Didn't think about it really!

Yes, they pick up grass and no, they don't move around in the boot (unless they are in the LiPo sack of course).

BEB, thought you might have lived near me until I realised you can't spell... it's Tonbridge or Tunbridge Wells, you pick, they are different places. But it serves to show up the Grockles! smile d

Shaunie.

Thank goodness for posts from Pete, Gurth, Mowerman, Shaunie and anybody else I might have missed. I was beginning to feel quite persecuted reading through the top half of this thread!

And Shaunie has saved me the bother of correcting BEB's spelling! I shall in fact be visiting Tonbridge next Wednesday for the SEBMFA area meeting. Or is it in Tunbridge Wells? wink 2

Posted by kevin b on 07/05/2014 22:13:59:

What happens if you have to stack 2 packs in the model ?

Tiny squares of hook and loop on the sides of the pack opposite those with the fluffy bits.... Works fine, particularly if you have a retaining strap thumbs up

Pete

• 1 month later...
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 07/05/2014 15:44:55:

I reserve the right to invent my own places - especially in the face of such outrageous behaviour and defacing of perfectly good batteries. It wouldn't have happened in my day I can tell you. wink 2

BEB

Did they have electrickery in your day? devil

I'll get me coat...