Building ? or Flying? during the Blooming Football!!

Wow sorry I haven't dipped in sooner to check the replies.....I was hoping for a few nice builds to surface during the games. Didn't mean to start an huge rumpusblush

Hoping the weather continues so I can fly late into the sunset.

And lots of shed time, finishing the repairs to my Acrowot, finishing my Gangster 63 off and then the Hannibal.

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 10/06/2014 19:17:17:

I noticed, that a large percentage of modelers does not follow football ... and... I'm one of them, therefore dear colleagues, you can fly all the time in the world.....wink 2

Rgds

Jo

Or maybe a large percentage of non football following modellers are more vocal on the subject? I think more of my club friends take at least a passing interest in football than proclaim an aversion - personally, I enjoy watching matches on the TV and have an interest in the team I supported more actively as a boy.

Lot's of non-sporting types on the forum wink

Personally I can pretty much enjoy any sport.

And as much as I agree that there are many prima donas amongst footballer's (and football desperately needs updating/changing), I have been a life long fan...

Rich

"English" football leave me stone cold, used to get dragged along to Spurs years ago (Blanchflower, etc, etc) but never can see the attraction in a game with usually so little scoring and for me much of the playing time minimal excitement. Lets see now, from numerous examples, you pass it all the way forward to the opponents goal area, then you pass it all the way back to your Goalie, then again, and again, and again........................ till someone remembers you are supposed to score............ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

American Football I can watch, Australian Football I can watch............................

Got the tinnies in, the TV scheduler set. The first match tonight, then the big one on Saturday!

A useful link for forum members.

I just have one fear, will England play at some stage a particular team, but I do know who I will be supporting, what ever the qualms, England, England England!

Building, I would rather stick pins in my eyes. Will I be flying, not likely, think of the health risks, exposure to sun, then there is the ozone, and the pervasive fumes of Nitro.

Give me football every time, viewing is low risk, no H&S issues, good clean family entertainment of the highest standards. Encouraging youths and their elders in the benefits of team work, respect of others, abiding by the rules and the appreciation of the beauty of the tactics, individual achievement and mental strengths developed, in this art form.

Have you prepared and logged your risk assessment, method statement, equipment safety and inspection docs, is the work area fit for purpose? Are all your materials stored in a appropriate containment and manner. Above all are you a SQTP (suitably qualified and trained person)?

Better to watch football.

What are you all doing on Sunday?

I know what is in store for me, a real treat, no going out for lunch, not another boring bottle of whisky!

We will be having a family day, a small pagoda is being erected in my eldest daughters garden. There will be located a large screen TV, it will be hooked up to a Sky box, which will provide the England game pre-recorded, you can never see a top teams game to many times, can you.

Their gas barbie will be fired up, where ritual sacrifices will be made, including Sindy and Ken.

Crates of whole some beer have been ordered from Tesco. It is not certain that I will drive home on Sunday night, if i have drunk over 8-9 tinnies, less than that i should be fine.

My one worry are two of my granddaughters who are Scottish, I will make a special effort with them. Explaining that Scotland did not qualify. Differences need minimising at these times and explaining that only the best teams qualify, but they should not feel bad about it, as winning is not important, if you loose.

I am now gearing up for todays football, no time for building or flying, as I mentally ready my self for another late afternoon and evenings top entertainment. It does take it out of you though, certainly the better half. She went to bed early, saying there was to much excitement to bare. I sympathised, saying, I can understand, after a diet of Eastenders and Coronation Street, the excitement of a whole fortnight of top football must be to much!

Terry W has just sent me through details of an 80th Anniversary Airshow down at Cahors Airfield this Sunday. As usual his club, which has been asked to provide a static display of models, have sent the notifications out on the eve of the event.... teeth 2

Even though I'm fully prepared to be underwhelmed if previous experience of French 'spectacles' are anything to go by, it's light years ahead of anything happening in Brazil...smile p

Pete

ps Still miffed that MotoGP was nicked off the Beeb..... ITV4 highlights are a sad substitute....sad

It's better to attend the MotoGp rather than watch it, very funny watching the German Hells Angels in the evening getting trollied and dancing to a flute band, although those chainsaws the Italians like to wave around are LOUD!!

Edited By John F on 13/06/2014 12:15:53

Agreed, John. Went to Aragon a couple of years back and enjoyed it - apart from wondering why some felt it clever to ride bikes at high speed through the 'campsite'... face 22

The campsite did resemble a favella, come to think of it, so not too far off-topic....wink 2

Pete