August 2014 issue hits the doormat.

Kevin Fairgrieve

Advert

Yep, got mine too AUGUST edition already - I understand the reason behind dating mags for the following month but when you get a mag on the 2nd of one month and its dated the next it sems the year is running away.

Ah well I'm sure it will be a good read.

Yea! Got mine yesterday - had been getting mine before the UK on the previous system but since the change I've been waiting up to a week after yours so an improvement there for me.smiley

Looks a good edition - will settle down and read some of it tomorrow whilst waiting for GP1 to start!

Terry

I was tempted by the Vega plan,but then realised I have the following to complete:

• Super Air rebuild;---got radio fitted and functioning yesterday and made up 6 volt flight pack.
  • Have got two of Chris Olson's planes to finish.
  • A Veron Mini-Concord to sort out.
  • My original Junior 60 needs work and perhaps an elevator?
  • I need to make a set of Super 60 wings and a set of Ben Buckle Junior 60 wings
  • I need to flight test my Dave Boddington RC Trainer with new aileron wings.
  • I have a Weston Velocity 50 I won at my club's (BPMFC) 'fly-in' a couple of years ago that I have not touched.----this year's 'fly-in' in on Saturday and Sunday next week-end on the Isle of Sheppey free entry,--A-certificate to fly.
  • I have a Cougar like plane given to me by Phil Claridge to repair
  • I need to pass my A-certificate.
  • My wife want's me to finish decorating the hall!

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 06/07/2014 09:08:10

Thanks for the advice Percy!

Of course the lack of A-certificate is holding me back especially with the Weston Velocity. However I think they are quite stable at slow speed but there was a suggestion at the club that the sound generated by a Velocity at full speed exceeds the club's threshold of 80 db. ---Anyone need a Velocity 50?

I forgot to mention there is a second hand Middlephase in the loft that needs rebuilding.

That's that read then!

I've been enjoying Prof Dave Burton's articles on the development of aeroplanes and the associated aerodynamics theory. I have read several books by test pilots etc which have dealt with the Mach number issue(s) but to be fair Dave's articles, without delving too deep, has been the most accessible explanation of it I've read so far - thanks Prof!

Another thumbs up for Danny's article too - very good!

Can't resist Brian Winch's offerings for too long so they get read early on too.

Nothing I haven't read and not enjoyed - thanks

Terry

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 12/07/2014 12:24:35:
Posted by leccyflyer on 12/07/2014 11:53:58:

Any indication of when the August 2014 issue is likely to hit the newsstands, as opposed to the doormats?

According to the Home page, 4th July....

Pete

Yep, that's what it says, but I've been checking WH Smiths for the past week and there is still no sign.

Posted by leccyflyer on 12/07/2014 17:12:02:

Any indication of when the August 2014 issue is likely to hit the newsstands, as opposed to the doormats?

Pete

Yep, that's what it says, but I've been checking WH Smiths for the past week and there is still no sign.

Seeing that I've checked a few local branches of Smiths and all have stock so that seems to be an issue where you are. Please let me know the branch location and I'll get that followed up.

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 17/07/2014 08:55:43:
Posted by leccyflyer on 12/07/2014 17:12:02:

Pete

Seeing that I've checked a few local branches of Smiths and all have stock so that seems to be an issue where you are. Please let me know the branch location and I'll get that followed up.

It's the branch on Union Street Aberdeen, been checking since last week and even checked with the sales assistant yesterday.