The Atom Special

Richard Harris

Advert

Hi Guys got some parts cut today for the new three blade plate and some parts for the two blade setupsmiley

We made a mistake with three holes blushbut was easily fixed when I came to build up the headwink

I will post info and video when I get a chance to test fly the new plate

Joe

geoffcnc001 (5).jpg

geoffcnc001 (15).jpg

cnc fix01 (1).jpg

Can you spot the mistake?

cnc fix01 (2).jpg

Three new holes

cnc fix01 (3).jpg

cnc fix01 (4).jpg

cnc fix01 (5).jpg

cnc fix01 (6).jpg

cnc fix01 (7).jpg

cnc fix01 (8).jpg

Edited By Joe Anderson on 02/01/2015 16:27:57

Rich,

I know i'm no where near ready to produce the two blades, but after adding the recommended tip weight to equal each blade @ 50g, I take it you then find the blades span CoG and balance the pair as you would the three blade head. I was thinking final balancing the two blades when fitted to their bespoke head. yes orno

Terry

Joe,I look at that router with envy and think to myself......If only.....smile p yes

Terry

Anyone know where to get a couple of metal geared 9g servos that are in stock.....please enclose the link if you can so I can order em without the use of Google search.....I had the gyro tip over a couple of times and the servo arm was assuming a different neutral each time. So I took the faulty servo apart (Towerpro MG90s) only to find that the top driving gear was the only metal gear in the case, the others were nylon. When they say metal geared, that's what I expect......

Posted by john stones 1 on 02/01/2015 21:16:08:

I knew it was small...it's called the Atomwink never realised how small though the blogs make it look biggerphoto

Better go to Specsavers methinks nerd

John

It looks big enough on my bench John wink that's the advantage of a small bench, much like a lady with small hands cheeky oooh did I say that out loud laugh

Continued.

I have made a few changes, mainly in mounting the ESC and Rx externally to give cooling and enlarge the battery space since the only suitable ones I have are 1000 or 2200mAh.

The fus paint is a disaster since I did it with Humbrol matt and gave it a coat of Aerogloss. I should have known better than to use that stuff again because it reacted with the enamel and will not fully harden.

The spec. is:

Motor - TGY 2830/11 1000kv

ESC - 25A

Battery - Zippy Compact 2200

Prop - APC-E 10x5

Consumption - 165W

Weight - 680gm

Servos - MG90S + E-sky 9gm digi.

I pinched the rotor from my as yet unflown CFL but am not happy that I have weighted the blade LE`s correctly so may make up another set.

When the electric fence has been removed from around the patch I shall go out and try it.

Thanks Joe and Rich.

The head is indeed a Tom Wright type and yes, the bearings are from an electric gearbox. I have another which uses old cheapo motor bearings; also some more blades, these covered in glass fibre but again untested. They were much more difficult to balance.

I intend to make a further set, this time with 1/8x1/4 spruce between the LE and blade plus 16g piano wire set in to give them weight here. Forever the experimenter!

The electric fence does not bother 2.4gHz but is in the way unless the wind decides to blow straight down the patch.