Mass Build 2015

BEB, Judging by the amount of participation in the mass build during the last three years it is probably a pretty safe bet to say that there will be interest and participation, this. Does it really matter how many take part, how many models get finished and how many make it to Greenacres in June? The build threads will be of value to those new to the hobby and it will be fun for those that do choose to take part.

How many will definitely take part will probably depend on what mass build model/s is ultimately chosen. Your suggestion BEB that there are two categories Sport/Aerobatic is OK except that all my models are sport but some are aerobatic and fast too, so perhaps calling the categories 'floater' and 'rocket-ship' may be more descriptive! For example, the 'floater' might cover vintage type models e.g. 'Jermima' as well as powered gliders 'Red Eagle' while the rocket ship; something like the DW 'Little bit' or TN DH Mosquito 46. When people get the chance to make nominations (hopefully soon) I think the models should be simple, cheap and quick to build in order to have broad appeal.

My 2p worth. Oh, and I'm in John so that's 30!

the model needs to be simple to get the new builders interested.

and only one model this year as last years had far too many choices.

if the old hands want more complicated they can add detail or fancy bits to a simple model.

i thought the idea was to get non builders building.

a high wing trainer could be converted to a biplane, have flap fitted, scale details, floats, anything that can be thought of to keep the old hands interested.

• 2 weeks later...