Mass Build 2015

It's tricky no doubt about that, for me the Greenacres fly in has appeal so I want something not too complex or costly it needs to be done for June. I would like a couple of models to choose from, I don't much care what, it's the joining in I enjoy. Maybe one more category for something a little more involved for the folks who want a bit extra.

John

For the "Aerobatic Class" why not consider a delta, something like Peter Russell's 363 o 362, which is a smaller version; other deltas are available!

The advantages are that they would be pretty quick to build because they have no fuselage or horizontal tail so that's two components out straight away. Less competent pilots could consider building one because I'm told that they fly well at both low and high speed.

Posted by john stones 1 on 13/09/2014 20:16:30:

It's tricky no doubt about that, for me the Greenacres fly in has appeal so I want something not too complex or costly it needs to be done for June. I would like a couple of models to choose from, I don't much care what, it's the joining in I enjoy. Maybe one more category for something a little more involved for the folks who want a bit extra.

John

i`ll echo Johns comments but add, needs to get SWMBO off my back and appeal to a 3 year old granddaughter,(3 y/o granddaughter, I`m not proud, I`ll use any excusewink)

David

I'm in and it will give me an incentive to finish the Mini Jazz and start my Dawn Flyer!

My view is that three choices would be good. I have lots more to say but I will do as BEB told and keep this for later.

Building is good as it takes my mind off the fact that I haven't learnt to fly yet!

Posted by Levanter3 on 13/09/2014 21:34:05:

I'm in and it will give me an incentive to finish the Mini Jazz and start my Dawn Flyer!

My view is that three choices would be good. I have lots more to say but I will do as BEB told and keep this for later.

Building is good as it takes my mind off the fact that I haven't learnt to fly yet!

I thought that was only me !!!

David

Posted by Gary Manuel on 13/09/2014 22:13:48:
Posted by kevin b on 13/09/2014 21:52:40:

i`ll echo Johns comments but add, needs to get SWMBO off my back and appeal to a 3 year old granddaughter,(3 y/o granddaughter, I`m not proud, I`ll use any excusewink)

David

Do you mean something like this David ?

640px-dusty-planes.jpg

Already been done laugh

See my Avatar

laugh Nice!

Posted by andyh on 14/09/2014 23:29:13:
Posted by TheFlyingCrust on 14/09/2014 19:54:47:

Andy, no picture except here.

It comes in 3 sizes Jabberwock's III, IV, Jiant (sic) and Jigantic (sic) from 44inch wingspan to 96 inch. And they all look the same.

Ian

ye gods ... on my build list for T+20y

Mine too, and I finally picked up an IV kit from the classifieds a couple of months ago. Now if only I could find time to do some building instead of niggly repairs...

Posted by andyh on 14/09/2014 23:29:13:

ye gods ... on my build list for T+20y

Exactly!

The Jabberwock is a classic model and one we'd all like to build if we live long enough, but maybe a bit too much of a build for Greenacres, what with two wings and a fully built-up structure I feel that many might get started but few would be finished in time.

I'd be more inclined to build a delta, something like Peter Russell's 363, no fuselage or tailplane to build and capable of aerobatics with a wide speed envelope.