How many flights on Sundays?

Can all depend on how many members are their and how much gossiping goes on. If there isn't many it will probably be about 2 to 3 flights an hour and if their are a lot their down to 1 to 2 flights an hour. Even then a lot of the times I turn up with a small electric model and can't be bothered to get it out of the car ha.

Baz

Probably fairly typical if there are a few others at the patch, when you consider you'll be chatting, watching others' flights, etc

If I'm there on my own it's a different story: pretty much fly, land, refuel/change battery, check the model, and then fly again. A recent solo visit saw 5 x 10+ min ic flights and 5 x 5 min elec sorties recorded in the log book inside 2 hours

Interesting question! It should be a poll!

1 elec plane at the mo. With 3 separate lipos, i would try and get 2 flights per battery! So 1 plane : 6 flights.

I.ll have a second plane this spring, so i.ll look to double that!

Good to see that someone else keeps a log book of flights and times! I thought it was just me!

Is this common practice then at other clubs?

Kk

Always take at least 2 planes, in case there is a problem with one- like a crashangry. I usually ( if not working Saturday mornings), get to the site about 9.45 am to set up pilots box,sock, etc and if it's a nice day may depart around 6.00/6.30 in the evening. I've never counted the number of flights or logged them , to be honest.

Don't fly Sunday's, Saturday is the main flying day. ( That's me booted off this thread then !) I was supposed to type ostracised but my spell checker kept coming up with ostriches. Got there in the end.

Edited By cymaz on 08/02/2015 07:02:18

Posted by KingKade on 07/02/2015 15:32:11:

Good to see that someone else keeps a log book of flights and times! I thought it was just me!

Is this common practice then at other clubs?

Kk

It's a requirement at our club. Seems like commonsense to me. If the club were to get a challenge re noise they can (a) then identify the offending pilots and models and (b) the data is potentially useful in fighting any cases. Long story, and a while ago, but my club were able to demonstrate that a challenge wasn't valid because the complainant stated that the days they found acceptable were actually the ones where most flying was taking place

Personally, I just find it interesting to look and see who else has been down recently, and flying what

Sunday flying is indoor at the moment and in a 2 hour session, which is split between fixed wing, free flight and rotary wing, I get at least 10 flights in. More time spent flying than chatting.

Outdoor Sunday flying in the season is a bit different than I'm used to, since I used to go for most of the day, but has settled into a pattern of about 3-4 hours max at the patch and ranging between 4 and 10 flights, averaging about 7-8 flights. More time spent chatting than flying.

Posted by Phil Green on 08/02/2015 11:45:49:

Lets put it a different way, who is at home doing chores right now, wishing they were down at the field? wink

Edited By Phil Green on 08/02/2015 11:46:32

Me crying.

You don't want to let a little bit of fog stop you:

Then it came back

Full pictorial story here

A flying session of less than 3 hours is not usually enough to feel like I've had my fair fill

Edited By Ian Jones on 08/02/2015 14:02:44