How often do you hook your charger to PC monitoring software when replenishing batteries?

Advert

I think it might be an option on my charger, via an optional-extra interface that I don't have...

I do log all my battery charges and discharges (flights!) using RC Log on my phone. I must admit though I make very little use of the data it accumulates (oops, no pun intended!) about my batteries.

I emptied the piggy bank at Cosford a couple of weks ago and treated myself to an iCharger 308 duo which has a facilty to connect to my PC but I'm not sure just what extra and useful data it can provide. It was hard enough to master using it properly anyway but I'll probably have a play when I have an idle moment.

It might be interesting for those who do use the PC logging facility to expalin what they get out of it. I suspect I'd need to be a lot disciplined than I am ie not very.

Geoff

Just by way of explanation, some chargers have a USB socket which can link the charger to a PC. With supplied software, It may show a graph of voltage, current, capacity and it also shows the individual voltage of each cell in the pack.

The USB socket may also have a temperature sensor available as an alternative function.

Like a few of the guys above, I tried it out once and didn't find it worth the trouble, so now I just rely on the charger to do its job - plus a pinch of commonsense, toowink 2

Pete

My charger has both the USB ability to connect to the PC and a temp monitor. To be honest I have never used them as it seems a lot of messing about to get a data set that I am not sure what I could do about the results even if I wanted to. I rely on the charger to do its thing and check the volts in each cell both during charging at completion. I also double check with a standalone tester/wattmeter unit. Seems to work for me at the moment and a couple of years in on electric.