Warbird Replicas Ju88 Night Fighter build

Ady Hayward

So are you saying your 4000 batteries are bigger than your 4600`s? Impressive looking model, can`t wait to get started on mine ?

I was planning on building it this coming winter but having had a chat with my wife and some number crunching i may be retiring from work sooner than we had originally  planned.............?

Advert

10 hours ago, martin collins 1 said:

So are you saying your 4000 batteries are bigger than your 4600`s? Impressive looking model, can`t wait to get started on mine ?

I was planning on building it this coming winter but having had a chat with my wife and some number crunching i may be retiring from work sooner than we had originally  planned.............?

Sorry Martin, typo error due to bed time over due, the batteries I used are 3600, it would be nice to get some 4600 that would fit in

Well done Eric . Should be a few more "Jerry " twins nipping about in a few months . I fly mine with no covering on nowadays . Seems to be less pressure on the test flight and I can enjoy the finishing knowing that the model is already trimmed and sorted . 

Did anyone spot you at the field ?

No ? They never change do they?

Hi Richard the plane was  well spotted in olive green and this morning was identified as a Dornier. It was well liked by those who were there but the little shockie  foamy I had created more interest probably because it flew round the sky like a scalded cat and did not take much effort to put it together. 

6 hours ago, Eric Robson said:

Sorry Martin, typo error due to bed time over due, the batteries I used are 3600, it would be nice to get some 4600 that would fit in

My mate and his Mercedes do a nice line in reshaping batteries if you're interested?

1 hour ago, RICHARD WILLS said:

I fly mine with no covering on nowadays . Seems to be less pressure on the test flight and I can enjoy the finishing knowing that the model is already trimmed and sorted . 

Must try the nude look, it will certainly save on the build time if we leave the covering off. Does it have much effect on the C of G and is it more difficult to float in on landings? I'm guessing that the spin off benefit is the ability to fly in really windy conditions?

Always willing to learn new techniques.

16 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

Must try the nude look, it will certainly save on the build time if we leave the covering off. Does it have much effect on the C of G and is it more difficult to float in on landings? I'm guessing that the spin off benefit is the ability to fly in really windy conditions?

Always willing to learn new techniques.

Open structures don't  fly well without covering, It would be interesting to see Richard flying his in the nude. He would not do it up here in the North East, It's too ruddy cold brass monkeys don't fare very well up here. 

Re flat batteries when I was a young mechanic I had to go to a breakdown. I told the lady driver the battery was flat. Can you pump it up? she enquired. 

Oh Eric I wish you just hadn’t said that. It’s one of those things that once you get a picture in your head you just can’t get rid of it, a bit like an ear worm but a lot worse. Roll on Line of Duty tonight to get my head back in order.

Brilliant. ?

I've only ever seen one RC Junkers JU88 fly - Chris Collis's  e-conversion of a PSS model back at Blackpool Fly-in back in 2005. Hopefully there will be at least a dozen of this woefully undermodelled aeroplane taking to the skies in the next couple of years. ?

ju88p38arado.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RICHARD WILLS said:

What these little clips dont show you is how smooth this aeroplane is . once it settles into its pace at about 2/3 throttle , she really is beautiful to fly . 

Fully agree with that Richard it is a pussycat, naked or covered.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Life does have a tendency to get in the way of things. I must admit that I had lost some of my 'MoJo' and hadn't really got the enthusiasm to open another box to commence a build but as I was sitting out in the garden yesterday afternoon I suddenly got 'the urge' (dangerous at our time of life I know). I won't detail every step of the build as it has been more than adequately covered before, by others far more capable than me. I may just record the differences as I don't think that an I/C powered one has been documented? correct me if Im wrong and if so I won't bore you all with my ramblings.

@Chris Walby- yes Chris mine will be I/C with twin SC 52s that I bought a couple of years ago with the intention of putting them in the BF110.

The good old magnetic building board has come out again, complete with the larger magnets (I had forgotten I had them!) and the sides have been joined and doublers added.

IMG_6008.thumb.JPG.ed2f2e2c3743b9dfde887fae754221fc.JPG

IMG_6009.thumb.JPG.d236f63bf2f422e8e70ad20f5344a7ae.JPG

I'm working most of this week so progress will be bits and pieces as I grab time in the evening (and if work is quiet shhh, don't tell anyone)

• Like 2