Warbird Replicas Ju88 Night Fighter build

Ady Hayward

Totally understand Richard, i have timed things badly as i have been into r/c flying for twenty odd years but have only started building my own stuff over the last year, till then i usually bought at bring and buys and refurbing/converting to electric. So it is frustrating that the discontinued kits i now want to build have now become hard to get and shot up in price. Stick me down for a JU88, i will tell the Mrs she can give me it for Xmas, i know you do great customer service and i like to support British companies at this time, i have built a couple of Cambrian kits over the last year and have bought a Cambria one which is in the pile to build. Any rough idea on what the retracts will come out at yet?

Don't know about price yet Martin , but they will not be silly money and also they will be sustainable with spares and transferable to other similar models . That makes them cheap in the long run .

For example , the HK cheap metal ones are £25 each so £50 a pair but I got through two sets in quick succession until I but a double coil spring in the legs to shock protect them . The reviews sadly show lots of board failures too .

Shame ,as neat design .

Fuselage and wing painted top and bottom, I used rattle cans, the yellow is primer the underside is Ford Nordic blue which is almost an exact match, it is a 1970's colour so I was surprised to find it on the shelf at Halfords. They only had 2 in stock so I took both the second for my Me 110 which I am going to twist Richards arm for another batch, I think pigs will fly first as the first batch sales were poor , lots of interest but no commitment .However with the balsa disappearing we may see a resurge in foam veneered kits. dsc_0680[1069].jpg

Thanks Ron and Richard, spent a lot of time modifying the cowls ,I have taken the cooling gills off and extended the nacelle, need to paint it as yet. The paint on the cowl is out of the same can as the rest of the yellow, it actually is more of a sand colour than it appears. I think the spinners are too big and would look more at home on a Focke Wulf 190.dsc_0685[1076].jpg

Ahh right , Yes they look too big , nice though , How about building two Fw190s to fit the spinners ?

Ok , maybe not .

Right , well on my one I have used the FMs Zero spinner and the Dynam Fw190 spinners .

I have settled on the Dynam 190 and their 13x7 three blade prop . I reckon even though you have higher Kv motors than mine it will still be fine , Just dont rev it up too high when static . ju88flying 1.jpg

Thanks Maurice, I have been thinking of making a Sea fury or Brian Taylor Fw190 in foam board depron and ply. I have the plans for the Fw190 and also the B.T. Tempest The Seafury wing was taken from the Tempest and a section removed from the centre to reduce the span to 38ft. just need to draw up the fuselage and tail end.