Warbird Replicas Ju88 Night Fighter build

Ady Hayward

Ok , Good news chaps , Ive just had confirmation from my kit cutter that he can do a short run of Ju88s .

We have enough wood and a build slot .

I will endeavour to provide the option of Bomber or fighter version .

I believe we have have six willing victims . If anyone else is feeling brave ,its now or never (no pressure)

I know some of the lads on the list have committed to a P51 ,so I think we must give them time to re assess or ......

come to terms with their divorce proceedings .

Now regarding Donald Trump . Have you noticed that you never see him in the same room at Ronald McDonald?

Even the names are similar , a bit like Tom Marvello Riddle and Lord Voldemort .

And ! On of his first meetings with his staff , he laid on a load of Big Macs because he eats them every day .

Spooky eh ?

Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 05/11/2020 13:07:01:

Ok , Good news chaps , Ive just had confirmation from my kit cutter that he can do a short run of Ju88s .

We have enough wood and a build slot .

I will endeavour to provide the option of Bomber or fighter version .

I believe we have have six willing victims . If anyone else is feeling brave ,its now or never (no pressure)

Excellent news Richard - Bomber version for me please.

So just to add the votes up now that the postal votes are all in:

Maurice Northcott - YES - F

Leccy flyer - YES - B

Kieran Arnold - YES - F

Alan Hilton - YES

Michael Kulagin -

Flyer - YES - F

Martin Collins - YES ?

Ron Gray - YES - F

D. Trump wink 2- YES but demanding a recount

I will avoid giving you two canopies , and the bomber and fighter ones are different with the bomber version generally taller at the rear , But I may do both noses in clear plastic ie fighter and bomber in each kit .

The reason for that is , that we did two hard noses before so the fighter only had to carry the radar at shows or special events . It flew the same but having those bloody antlers on the front sure focussed your attention when landing !

I will probably make eight kits , so I if Mike is out , Donald can step in . He will have time on his hands .

(As well as fake .....tan)

Well , that is more of a question than you think . Keiran is asking for a C version fighter , which is basically the Battle of Britain style bomber but with a gun pack in a hard (not glazed ) nose . They were also used as low level ground attack bombers like our Boston and also in the long range fighter role like our Beaufighter for maritime attacks.

But then they realised that a more bespoke night fighter with a bigger punch and higher speed would be able to carry the drag and weight of later radar and nip from one area to another much faster and therefore increase the odds of interception .

The G version I offered was a machine with 4000hp on nitrous oxide that could do a shade under 400mph . It had forward firing canons under the nose and also some pointing upward from the rear fuselage . The upward firing guns were designed to rip the underside of a bomber apart ,

A proper predator .

….update time

Maurice Northcott - YES - F

Leccy flyer - YES - B

Kieran Arnold - YES - F

Alan Hilton - YES

Michael Kulagin -

Flyer - YES - F

Martin Collins - YES ?

Ron Gray - YES - F

D. Trump has gone into hiding, I'll take over so as to avoid confusion, Chris Walby - Yes and a Ju88 - C (F)

Edited By Chris Walby on 05/11/2020 20:34:44