Formula 1 new Sky Exclusive Paywall Deal

Bravo Delta

Posted by iqon on 25/03/2016 09:12:08:

Highlights ??? and who do you think are going to show them.....Any names been put forward.......???

Looking three years ahead? Who knows, maybe C4 will extend their contract, maybe the Beeb will find some change down the back of the settee, maybe ITV will pick it up. ITV4 seem to like showing sporting highlights, I think that would be my bet.

Advert

Surely anything that is a World championship cannot be owned by any individual or company. If it's a World champ then we ( the world population ) should insist we own it and nobody such as Ecclestein can sell the TV rights because it's OURS! He just helped himself to it.

I think it's all in the intellectual property rights, ie Bernie managed the development of the current format and marketed it, so it's his. The company I work for is big on IPR to the point where I've had to set up an auto delete filter on the email system to stop my inbox getting clogged up with company bulls propaganda.

I expect that the popularity in the UK for F1 will dissipate as the coverage becomes increasingly restricted.

I think there has been a very strong link between the coverage on the BBC and ITV and the UKs general interest in any sport. Remove it from mainstream TV and the impact is enormous.

It may seem clever in the short term, but if you are into your 100s, then you may only be interested in today.

if the scenario is repeated world wide, F1 could be as well supported as grass track racing, then the spectacle could not be worth the proverbial can of beans. As sponsors and advertisers seek a venue that provides a wider audience.

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 25/03/2016 21:53:12:

One more time - MotoGP is shown on ITV4. OK, not live but it is free.

I would never watch ITV live anyway. How can you filter the rediculously timed adverts out it you watch it live?

I've got my PVR set up to automatically delete them now devil - it doesn't stop the loss of race action, but at least you don't see the ads.

I usually pause my PVR when I'm thisty, not when ITV4 decide I need a drink.

It would be different if adverts were like this sequence which was shown in several short sketches in the breaks during a major TV programme when I was much younger. I had no idea what was going on, but all became clear towards the end of the programme.

Posted by Essjay on 25/03/2016 21:18:22:

And still only available live on pay TV (BT Sport) angry

Posted by Essjay on 25/03/2016 22:57:16:

Which is why I said LIVE! (One more time)

Edited By Essjay on 25/03/2016 22:58:12

Really?

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 26/03/2016 09:12:29:
Posted by Essjay on 25/03/2016 21:18:22:

And still only available live on pay TV (BT Sport) angry

Posted by Essjay on 25/03/2016 22:57:16:

Which is why I said LIVE! (One more time)

Edited By Essjay on 25/03/2016 22:58:12

my apologies

damn this time restricted edit - no chance to hide foot-in-mouth incidents!

• 5 months later...

Denis, I think you are referring to the film sequence they showed that Sky filmed at the Modena test track where Martin Brundle was allowed to take the Ferrari 2014 F1 car for a test drive. They showed Martin explaining how they would use the large quad to film him, as you say, using a DX6i.

I'm not sure they're actually using it at Monza.

Steve