Plane resurrections pbs america

Gavin Mack

I watched it, not bad but I would have liked to see a bit more detail.

Alas the aircraft in question was involved in a fatal accident last October and was very seriously damaged. The pilot was seriously injured and his backseat passenger died. AAIB are still working on their investigation into the cause.

• 3 years later...

Not a bad series so far, but still a bit too much off topic chat rather than detail on the 'resurrection' process. Warbird Workshop suffers from this as well and to a greater extent, although the programme on the humble Cub got the balance reasonably well.

BTW, If you haven't done so already, check out Kermit Weeks and his Kermycam videos on YouTube.

Edited By Cuban8 on 08/04/2020 08:32:22

Saw the Yak 3 "resurrection".

What a pile of rubbish ! I thought it was going to be about a rebuild, not a hanger queen. It was just a story about an aeroplane with moving pictures. Built in the 1960's and now made to look like a WWII warplane.

There was some good historical stuff though.

Another vote for Kermie Cam, Much enjoyed all three parts of the Wildcat vid's. Going along for the ride was fun.

A few years ago some clubmates went on a trip to Fantasy of flight and happened to meet Kermit who on finding they had come from Wales gave then a personal tour. [ jealous I was ]

Just watched the Mossie. I remember going to see the NF2 rebuild in Yorkshire decades ago. Impressive ! Tony was cutting a scarf joint on a wing spar with a normal rip saw !!! My wife picked up the pilots releif tube apparatus from the floor and spoke into it , asking Tony , is this the pilots radio ??? He told her No !! The pilot peed into it in flight !!! She was nearly sick !😂😂😂😂😂😂 Still did laughing thinking about it !!! Colin