Am I drinking too much?

ted hughes

So glad that you are making good progress Ted. I am very pleased for you and wish you every success. The first couple of weeks are the worst and It gets easier the longer you are off the sauce.

Beware of substitutes though. Mine was crisps and I ate the South East out of them. Now I have to lose weight (sigh).

Please let us know how you get on, but it sounds like you are over the hill now.

With best wishes for the future.

Pete.

My woman's boss is an alcoholic, whose business is teetering on the edge of bankrupcy. She comes into the office mid-morning and offers my woman a sherry or a glass of red. My woman refuses. She then goes off to find another employee to see if she would join her, but they now refuse. She ignores her teenage daughter (who is one ripe candidate for future dysfunction). The business used to be worth millions, now the boss goes to her parents to borrow money to pay her unpaid tax bills, but they now refuse. She constantly flies off to New York or some fancy boutique hotel in the Orkneys to get pissed with friends. The place is a mess, bottles hidden everywhere. My woman suggested she go for a medical, and boss reports back that her liver is completely healthy. But my woman then finds out from a mutual friend that the boss has fessed up that her liver is in fact on the point of collapse.

One might say that this is sad, but I don't care. She's a stupid person. Even - at a great remove - I know the broad factors behind her issues, but she herself refuses to address the problem. Her selfishness has a massive impact on everyone's life, including mine - because of the demands placed on my woman.'s working life.

When she dies prematurely or the business folds - whichever comes first - my woman will find another job.