Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.

Advert

Yea we should post everything here. 12 threads on the same model might upset the mods!

Also if its all in one place we we can take ideas off eachother, and the boys can check up on us. Assuming they are allowed on the computer. With Grahams history and various addictions he might well go astray if let loose online.

Ok Paulo yes,

I can't wait to get stuck in, but I have to try and get the Moth to a stage where I can start the 110.

I reckon once I have four wings done I can get rid of the box and have a tidy up.

Moth on one bench, 110 on the other, and the mini me ( moth plastic model) on the desk laugh

It's gonna be fun Guys.....

Nice one Nigel, a recording would be great mate.

First impressions on the 110 ? It is a superb bit of kit, cracking wood and excellent laser cutting....Blown away so far. yes Knocks other kits into fits..

D.D.

Posted by Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 22/03/2017 13:04:08:

Yea we should post everything here. 12 threads on the same model might upset the mods!

Also if its all in one place we we can take ideas off eachother, and the boys can check up on us. Assuming they are allowed on the computer. With Grahams history and various addictions he might well go astray if let loose online.

Yes Jon he has a habit on joining dating sites and setting Richard up!!laughdevil

Posted by Nigel Dell on 22/03/2017 13:16:46:

Yes Jon he has a habit on joining dating sites and setting Richard up!!laughdevil

Oh right well we cant have that. Richard needs to focus on models not women

Posted by Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 22/03/2017 13:37:02:
Posted by Nigel Dell on 22/03/2017 13:16:46:

Oh right well we cant have that. Richard needs to focus on models not women

When I said dating sites that was not the worst part of it!!laughwinkdevil

Well bit more goooing..

To save a little cutting later allow the thickness of a former when gluing the 1/2" square balsa on the nose.

20170322_180753.jpg

In fitting the central crutch I decided to glue the straight section at the front first using some nice machined ally blocks I have.

Probably not required but I like to go OTT.

20170322_181714.jpg

Mine has been hidden away pending re-delivery on my birthday next month. It's not too frustrating though cos I'm off on holiday tomorrow. I'm planning on an E version with bombs which won't look very different to the pictures Nigel posted the other day.

By the time I get started I'm expecting to profit from all the mistakes that have already been made.

Or fit the former after the nacelle is on the wing and cut a slot in the veneer to key it in .

Doesn make much difference . The IC boys need to get as much strength into the nacelle to wing joint as possible .

It wont come off , but you will get cracking due to vibration . A fillet of fibreglass tape is probably the ultimate solution though I never bother as fundamentally lazy .smile p

Note the nacelles are paired to accept the dihedral and taper of the wing ,