Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.

I should have realised that you would have already seen the problem.yes l didn't realise that the full size had the same problem, but now you've pointed it out its obvious as soon as you look at the photographs.

Good tip about the speed of deployment. I should be alright because my radio supports a servo slow feature. I will also be investigating a mechanism to prevent full flap deployment if the undercarriage is retracted.

Advert

Damn it ... I left Graham hanging there......

As promised the flap servo location, fitting and attachment. Don't forget this is my way and you can always just Bungditin....cheeky

20170515_140745.jpg

20170515_140759.jpg

20170515_140736.jpg

The snake is just placed so you get the idea...

The servo 'tray' is screwed in in case I ever need to replace the servo.

Edited By Paul Johnson 4 on 15/05/2017 14:22:04

Well while sitting in me sick bed, sniffing and coughing. I took a pair of small sharp scissors to the lower nacelle. After marking it out of course using a retracted gear as a guide. I cut well inside what I thought to be the required outline and trimmed it back bit at a time...... Mmm looks at mess on bed thinking........... I better put me tin hat on!

Things I do for you guys..... not that I wanted to build this, no I do it for my fellow BF110 club members. angel

20170516_105914.jpg

You can see I had to take a little out of the rear nacelle end for the wheel I also fitted two small blocks of liteply to this rather than glue it to the flap surface directly so it is secure but removable. As I put a extra nut on the wheel axle to add a little extra...... I don't want that old saying ' I had one and the wheel fell off' in doing so I had to take a little extra off the nacelle to allow for this but I think it looks good.

Now just in case your thinking 'Hey lets put doors on it' that's a no go unless you completely redesign the gear mount, location of retract unit, design from scratch a door closing mechanism including servo's, install a door sequencer and program it with those clear Chinese instructions....... get the drift?

One nice little touch I have started to use are these to hold the cowls on.....

20170516_110651.jpg

They are servo screw fixings and use a 2mm hex driver and have a nice head to hold the cowl nicely. Just thought I would share. Yes it may be blurred a little but it's me medication.....

Any way here's two pictures with gear down then with flap down as well.

20170516_105927.jpg

20170516_105958.jpg

You will have to take a bit of time to make sure that everything has clearance, wheels to nacelle, rear nacelle section to front lower section.

Now this is how you suck eggs......cheeky

I am glad I didn't join the wings before doing all this as it would have been a nightmare in the restricted space I have to work.

And should..... anyone be concerned for my wellbeing after making a mess on the bed.... don't fret..... I covered it in snotty tissues..

A simple method of door manouverage is to use springs and string. springs to open, string to close pulled by the legs/Wheels.

Those screws are great, they come in different colours too, great for scale like nuts

Don't forget to make a hole.....( nice and neat) in the center before joining the wings, for cables....

Apart from the Snot, Drool, and incessant Clamouring for sympathy, I think you have done a Cosmic job there Matey........cheekykiss

Well done. !!

D.D. OIC Bedside Manner

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 16/05/2017 12:42:08

Its not quite as dramatic as that Glynn .

Graham and his "type" have been living in the high Himalayas for thousands of years , in fact his Granny Hetty has a charming cottage just off the Summit of K2 .

I say "charming ", the weather can be a bit "lively" up there and old Ma Hetty says it plays her bunions up something terrible . Last year it came on to blow and her whole garden just lifted off and headed toward Katmandu.

R

On a more good feel factor I have been tinkering with parts I have ordered for the BF110. The servo's which are distributed by RIPMAX and I have purchased in 2 batches, 10 in total from 4MAX. These being...

20170516_155219.jpg

I am very happy with these little lads but I discovered one had slop at every point of travel.

Also being by Trade and currently working for an aircraft repair company my job is as an approved instrument repair and recertification engineer working  to EASA, FAA and Canadian TCCA. I sign the release paperwork for airworthiness of these items. Sooo I took it apart to see why it was like that. What I found was no debri but a malformed pinion gear. This would have been at manufacture.

servo gear.jpg

You can see the gear on the right is malformed as compared to a good one on the left.

Well I hear you asking where am I going with this especially as the retail for about £8 to £9.

Well after spending a LOT of money with 4MAX sent him that picture and followed up the email with a call.

He was well within his rights and pointed out that as I had opened the unit he could not, and RIPMAX would not accept it back for exchange so I would have to right it off.

I then searched RIPMAX's site to see if spares were available which they surprisingly were.

I then contacted the distributor RIPMAX and spoke to a gentleman by the name of Bob Hales who agreed that the unit would have been as it was from manufacture and I had noticed that they did a gear set for it and could I purchase one. He without hesitation told me that he would send me one free of charge. (only £2.15) He told me as a customer he was concerned that I had an issue with one of their products and he wanted it put right.

Now THATS customer service for you.

It's not the amount but the way you as a customer are treated. 4MAX will lose my custom in future over £2.15.

Petty? No it's about being valued as a customer.

Look at the service Richard offers us, THAT, in my book deserves loyalty. AND support

Edited By Paul Johnson 4 on 16/05/2017 16:40:17

Edited By Paul Johnson 4 on 16/05/2017 16:49:51

Well done on the repair front Paul, a man after my own heart, I too would have done the same, many times I have repaired servos for a few pence, as time goes on you will accrue your own stock of parts....laugh.

However, in Georges (4max) defence, let me relate a tale from Steve Webb (servo shop)

A guy bought some quite expensive servos or Receivers from Steve, after a week he was back in the shop saying none of them worked, obviously this was weird but Steve being a good guy said yep OK and replaced them. One of his Guys then looked inside the items to see what was up and found the guts had been swapped with internals from some ancient items.

He would have gotten away with it but he went back to try it again and was copped.

I'm not suggesting you would ever do this Paul, obviously, but just trying to justify the reasoning behind the whole thing.

D.D.

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 16/05/2017 17:53:50

Posted by Dwain Dibley. on 16/05/2017 17:53:07:

However, in Georges (4max) defence, let me relate a tale from Steve Webb (servo shop)

A guy bought some quite expensive servos or Receivers from Steve, after a week he was back in the shop saying none of them worked, obviously this was weird but Steve being a good guy said yep OK and replaced them. One of his Guys then looked inside the items to see what was up and found the guts had been swapped with internals from some ancient items.

He would have gotten away with it but he went back to try it again and was copped.

D.D.

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 16/05/2017 17:53:50

I do understand that there is some dishonesty about but the thing here was I was honest and open upfront. I could have quite easily reassembled it and sent it back for a replacement and said nothing.

But to have someone say you shouldn't have done that now I can't help you..... That in itself encourages dishonesty don't you think?

I agree, unfortunately the world as we knew it has eroded and trust seems to have been relegated slightly....I dunno.

I can imagine George giving you a servo, only to then be told he would not be reimbursed, as it had been opened.

If it's any consolation, I would not have been able to resist opening it either. LOL.

Back in the day that would have been seen as helping out.... The real big companies have the little guys by the Nuts I'm afraid.

I wouldn't write 4max off all together Dood. wink

Now get the missus to rub some Vic on yer chest and get some Kip Grumpy !!

D.D.

Interesting posts, even though we must not dwell on it for too long, as it is off topic.

However I would like to say how incredibly honourable my customers are (that mostly means you chaps )

I have complete trust in them ( which may be a little fool hardy , but what the hell )

I'm not sucking up , because my Dad's name was Frank and that's the way I like to be with people .

As I get to speak to you all at some time or other , I often reflect that we are all cut from the same cloth and therefore have the same values . I'm sure if you put us all in a village hall with a glass of plonk we'd have grand time .

Keep it up chapsyes