Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.

Advert

Well a little more progress....

I have sorted out the engine nacelle cut out so if you want to use my working... just check as you go in case Richard gave you an extra big wing cheeky.

I have marked the dimensions on the wing in pencil but because of the dihedral transferred the top wing measurement to the bottom by drawing straight lines from leading edge to trailing edge and marking the undersides. Then drawing two parallel lines from that.

20170504_140124.jpg

20170504_140630.jpg

The 10mm depth at the back was then taken to the leading edge in a straight line to the leading edge forming a taper.

1493903477706-305064000.jpg

1493903500449-158348185.jpg

If you are wondering why the masking tape it protects the soft leading edges.

She's Getting there Dood.....

I am old Skool anyway, so always wear shorts to go swimming, and Esc is a button on the keyboard. !! cheeky

I have reported the "bullying" to the appropriate authorities, so you guys are on probation now.....laughwink

B.T.W. this came today, from the Loverley Beth at H.O.

Coincidentally Paul it has an as3x enabled Rx in it, the AR636A.

D.D.

img_20170504_151608.jpg

img_20170504_184632.jpg

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 04/05/2017 19:11:22

bf110c plastic spinner.jpgHELLO! (That got your attention ) .teeth 2

Its time to discuss spinners .

When I started thinking about the 110 , I really expected everyone to go down the G version route , as I had , This made sense to me , as it provided bigger cowls to hide stuff in and offered two plastic off the shelf spinner options , one for IC bf110c ally spinner.jpgand one for electric 3 blades.

But , you know what they say - you can lead a horse etc , So out of 22 kits , I reckon 17 chose C options. That caused a problem since I would naturally have referred you to Traplet who do the Brain Taylor plan and parts for the same size 110c . But guess what ? They dont do the spinners any more . Great .....face 5

So back to the machine shop we contract things to , Lot of head scratching . Because of the very weird shape and the big hole in the middle we had to think about an original approach ,Had to be right or it would look awful.

Anyway , we now have a design on the computer for the machines that will produce perfect 110c spinners,

The Ally ones need to be turned and milled from solid , which is expensive . However Traplet spinners are £24 each and you still have to cut your own prop slots . We will sell the ally one with premilled slots for the same ,

We have also made a plastic version which is very tough . It is identical in shape and has two or three blade cut outs . However I must sell these as " static use only " since i do not want the liability of plastic spinners .They will be £14 each .

If anyone feels that these prices are too steep , I do apologise , I am doing these at cost from the machine shop . You have to remember this is a tiny run for them . That is why also , they will all have static use only plastered all over them , Anyone not happy , just post them back . You will need to contact me for your choice ie Plastic or ally , two blade or three , Anyone using a weird three blade should say so , Dynam is fine .

The final option for anyone unsettled by the above is to have a new set of G cowls sent complete with the cheap G spinners (about £7 each ) .

I am happy with my plastic ones, as you say they are well made and very tough, thick walled, not flimsy at all.

The ally ones will be a nice upgrade once we have a few flights under our belts, or just go for them now in my opinion.

The problem ?, No, niggle I had was I could not get a socket on to the motor nut in the hole, but a search through my bits and bobs turned up some 13mm Nylocks that allow a 13mm socket to slide in.

I ran the nuts down a bolt to ease them up, so as not to put too much torque on the prop shaft, they pretty much spin on by hand.

As you can see the first idea of a cap bolt and washer was discarded.

D.D.

img_20170505_100022.jpg

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 05/05/2017 10:29:51

The nuts on the motors may be imperial size ???? but any way as I said sorted now Doods...

Today I have not done any work any model, I have had to clear my Garage to get 3 fuselages and 4 wings in, one being 2.6 M, luckily it breaks down into 3 pieces.

So having thrown everything out onto the driveway I managed to get another wing rack made up.

I know this is a bit off topic but, I use the upright wall mounted racks that have movable brackets in them, I cover the brackets with pipe insulation and hey presto !! wings nice and safe.

D.D.

Slung out ..

img_20170505_122919.jpg

new racks in on the left and extras at the back, can you see the 110 wing ? Just keeping on topic....wink

img_20170505_122910.jpg

I disturbed this little feller and he was not amused...surprise

img_20170505_123737.jpg

Posted by Dwain Dibley. on 04/05/2017 22:58:26:

Hi Andrew

Just been and measured for you, and one piece was 1.2 mm another was 2 mm , the former looks like an old snake inner, the latter a servo rod.

D.D.

That's great....Thank you for that.

Andrew

I'm a happy chappie, got my back end sorted. All surfaces working, at last.

Dwain, like you I ended up cutting out a lot of t/p sheeting to get the rudders sorted. Have now got control rods in. I can now get on with the rest of the fus installing decking etc. Nice tidy garage you have there.

Edited By Graham Russell on 05/05/2017 20:29:24

Well done Graham, sounds like you're having fun, and that's what it's all about.

All that Balsa was for a Hostetler Cessna 195, but it was too big, so I got rid, but in hindsight I should have persevered with it. sad

I like the neat hole Paulo, it has to be done Matey !! thumbs up

D.D.

Nice one Paul,

I am doing a bit on the 110 today, a bit of covering on the fins and tail, and I may do the servo boxes for the ailerons, an easy day today.......................That's the plan anyway..............

Printed off some inspiration for the workshop wall, of my chosen Colour scheme as well.

My van is in for MOT Monday so a bit of TLC to be done...So I will be on the Bicycle come rain or shine next week.

D.D.