Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.

The Humbrol colours I used are:-

61 Matt Flesh - Face

186 Matt Brown - Face

103 Matt Cream - Face

160 Matt German Camoflage Brown - Helmet and possibly leather flying jacket or black depends on period

70 Matt Brown - Helmet webbing

94 Matt Beige - Flying suit as in bomber crew

33 Matt Black - Googles

11 Metallic Silver Fox - Google Lenses

96 RAF Uniform Blue mixed with 106 Matt Ocean Grey - Luftwaffe Unifom if applicable

99 Matt Lemon - Life Jacket if applicable

56 Metallic Aluminium - Belt Buckles and Insignia, could use 11 at this scale you will not notice.

You can mix colours to simulate wear, dirt etc. The face I used the 103 Matt Cream as the base, then mixed 103 with 61 Matt Flesh to colour the cheeks very slightly and mixed 103 with 186 to get colour on the lips, but do as you feel I dirtied the face a tad with this mixture.

I am not happy with mine so am starting again and taking away the life jacket that really is not in the moulding and I will paint them with flying suits using 94 as the base colour, the 109 pilot will either have the uniform tunic a mixture of 96 and 106 or a black leather flying jacket, the flying helmet can stay the same on both.

A good look round on the internet will give you various pictures etc. There were different variations during the course of the conflict.

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

At last warm enough to work on the 110 outside. Primed the nacelles and applied a coat of dope on the brown paper wing covering.

Paint for wing underside mixed up. Hope to start spraying soon. will supply some pics soon.

You should be able to restart yours Paul.

Spent afternoon spraying underside of the bf110. Very pleased with the result so far. Model starting to come to life.

Along comes my wife "not sure about the colour".

"why ? I replied.

"It's Blue"

"Yes" came my reply,

It's the same colour as the sky"

"I know, It's supposed to be, it's the scale colour".

"But you'll never see it, your always losing things".

I can see her logic. Has anyone got details of a nice Strawberry and yellow bf110.smiley

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys...!

Yes I'm still about. With the weather improving and paint drying thought I would share what I learnt on the Spit, thanks to Richard's encouragement, and using on the 110.

I have first drawn in lightly with pencil then, black marker the first of the panelling lines.

black line.jpg

Then the magic.... I use a white biro to outside and below the black lines...!

with white.jpg

Weathering will be added.... a hell of a lot still to do as I'm very busy with the new job, but getting there

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Well I feel I may have abandoned you for a while as I have been up to my neck in work but have managed to get some more towards finishing the old girl.

Well the camo pattern was a headache..

20180701_105136.jpg

With the removable 'open' cockpit..

20180701_105551.jpg

A few closer pictures..

20180701_105604.jpg

20180701_105621.jpg

I still need to add the Fuz decals and panel lines so still a lot to do. Enjoy the weather guys.

More when I can....

• Like 1

Posted by onetenor on 02/07/2018 05:22:31:

Have I missed something but I love the camo. Is it a print or did you paint it. Great job all round. Well done.

It's a paint job... I found a few dozen beers and trying to paint a straight line helps...wink

I still have to make the anti glare exhaust tubes too.

Nice to see this thread come alive again and good evening all..

Have also been busy with other things, built a Wot4 (wood) for a friend, also carried out a major refurb on my workshop. Revisited my 110 on Saturday -sprayed wings and fus.. Just got to add the the dark camouflage pattern . Certainly hope to get a maiden in this season.

Paul - earlier on you described how you put on the panel lines. Any chance of a close up so I can see more clearly the end result. Yours is looking really good! I like it.

Edited By Graham R on 02/07/2018 21:24:22