Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.

Advert

Posted by Graham R on 02/07/2018 21:20:59:

Paul - earlier on you described how you put on the panel lines. Any chance of a close up so I can see more clearly the end result. Yours is looking really good! I like it.

Edited By Graham R on 02/07/2018 21:24:22

Graham

I will do some close ups on the wing and when I do the Fuz will do some at each stage.

Graham...just for you...shhh don't tell the rest!

My way of drawing a line around the fuz..

20180705_174459.jpg

I usually line where I want to show the panel edges in pencil first. This can be erased with a normal pencil rubber if you get it wrong. Next I draw a black line with a fine marker..

20180707_085825.jpg

Then I use the white ink pen. I use the rule outside edge and bottom edge to keep them the same but it's up to you just keep them the same. I used a simple section of the elevator to show it.

20180707_085833.jpg

The effect is good on the model as a whole... a picture to expand on it by the cockpit.

20180707_092645.jpg

20180707_092704.jpg

And the fuz side almost there …..

20180707_092720.jpg

It even works well for circular panels..

20180707_133725.jpg

More later....

Edited By Paul Johnson 4 on 07/07/2018 14:31:03

Graham... part 2..

On top of the highlighted panel lines goes a very light spray of ochre. (A big thanks to Richard for this tip)

20180708_164524.jpg 20180708_164424.jpg

Next will be the exhaust anti glare suppressors … if work lets me have the time! Once they are on and the exhausts painted and suitably weathered then the whole lot will get a very light coat of satin varnish to protect it all. Have fun with the panelling … be brave and go for it!

• Like 1

Thank you Paul for taking time to show us.

Wow Paul! when I first saw the 1st pictures I didn't think much of the effect, The addition of ochre has made an amazing change to the look of the lines. Looks really good Paul.

Two questions Paul, Yesterday I went looking for white fibre pens - no luck. All I found were white paint pens that you shake to get the pen working. the pen had an ali case. (can't remember the make).

What are the little box shaped pieces on the bottom of the cowl? Is that an addition you made?

By the look of it it won't be long before its ready for a maiden.

Have you painted your pilots yet?

Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 12/07/2018 20:28:27:

Hey Graham

Looking good...you might find the take off ramp a little short though😉

Thats a shame! Perhaps if I use a lot of flap it might just indecision Thank for the link Paul. I received the paint pens yesterday. All I need to get now is the yellow Ochre. 

Edited By Graham R on 12/07/2018 21:21:23

• 3 weeks later...

ju88flying 1.jpgju88 flying 4.jpgju88 flying 2.jpgIm not going off topic here chaps , but I am taking a slight wobble off the path . The 110 had an exciting predecessor that proved the concept of the big electric twin . That model was the Ju88 G6 night fighter which can be found elsewhere on this forum thanks to the excellent build thread by Adrian Hayward .

Here are a few pictures taken today on its 100th flight . Sound system still working well and looking every inch the predator . ju---2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Its all gone a bit quiet on this thread . So I am going to send out nurse Gladys to take some pulses . Some of you must still be breathing , because I hear a strange wheezing sound down the interweb .

As you can see from the pictures above , my old buddy Glynn has got a nice camera (though not that expensive ) and with the wonders and reliability of electric flight we have been able to pose the model exactly where we want it in terms of light and skyscape. The aim is to recreate what a now "deceased" type , might actually have looked like .

It is surprising that , with all the thousands of images on the internet , that there are actually quite few, of some well known aircraft , And when it comes to colour , we are really asking for the great aviation artists like Nicholas Trudgian to fill in the gap .

What i would say , is that with electric models having scale props and no mufflers or cylinder heads sticking out ,it is easier than it has ever been to bring some 75 year old history back to life .

I would like to see what pictures you chaps have taken of similar subjects . This is almost a spin off hobby from our main one , but actually one that is quite amusing . The shots above have been sent to many non modelling aviators (ie full size) and they were utterly convinced that the aircraft was real .

Now here is another little sideshoot that demonstrates the same idea ,.

I have always liked the Heinkel 111 , purely because it is so aerodynamic and at the time of inception , so far ahead of its time . I also wanted to produce a smaller , more every day twin , that was easy to fly and would work on just one battery , like my Spitfire . So here she is . 60 " span and flies on one 4s 3300 pack . Handles like a trainer , but I pretend she's a handful !