Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.

• 8 months later...

Thanks Paul. Have you flown yours?. Not sure whether you can see the panelling details. I did what you suggested on the 109 thread - using white hi lighter and yellowing the panel edges.Really pleased with the result. I will get some better pictures on here.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Graham, nice to see that you have restarted the build.I still haven’t got round to maiden mine yet. Hopefully this will happen in the spring. Last summer we popped into the steam & country fair at Stithians showground. As well as steam there was a good modelling presence. Is your club involved with that?

Hi Graham, yes that's the RC Cornwall Flyers club, I'm a member of the Redruth and District Model Flying Club, Although some of the guy's are members of both clubs. Both good clubs, very helpful, Having said that "Cornwall Flyers are electric only due to there flying site. Where as RDMFC has an excellent site at the North Cliffs, Hayle to Portreath coast road.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

And so it begins, 2 years + after I bought the kit I've dusted the box off and I'm ready to go. It won't get off to a flying start as I'm working all week, but I will get chance to fiddle around in the evenings but the pressure is on as the new P51 is coming soon so I have to get this finished first. Not settled on a scheme,e for it yet but it will be a 'G' and it will be IC powered (2 x ASP 52s (I think - will have to check the boxes!!!))

fullsizeoutput_159c.jpeg

Really looking forward to this Paul and will reference back to yours, Dwain's and Graham's builds for when I get stuck! I must say that the quality of laser cutting is excellent, haven't looked at the veneered foam bits yet as saving that delight for later. Hoping to start putting the tail together tomorrow (I'm out flying tonight) but have decided on a tail mounted servo for the rudders rather than the bell crank.

Not too sure about posting lots of build photos as you guys have already done that really well, maybe just for where I depart from the 'norm', plus as mine will be IC maybe some bits about that, we'll see. Have also toyed with the idea of vids of build bits rather than just still shots, again, its all up in the air (!!!) at the moment. I plan to photo it all anyway as it will be put on my club's website irrespective of what I do here.

• 2 weeks later...

So a slow start to the build due to pressures of work but I did manage to snatch some time and progress has been made. As promised won't upload loads of build photos as they have already been done by others but will do so where I've built mine differently.

I mentioned above that I would be using a rear mounted servo for the rudders and this is what the installation looks like'

Firstly the cut out in the balsa sheeting so that I can have an access panel to get at the servo. This replaces the ply bell crank mounting plate.

fullsizeoutput_15aa.jpeg

Now the servo installed in the ply crutch the height of which is conveniently just right for the servo arm to align with the rudder push rods (I've also replaced the supplied ones with smaller gauge ones).

fullsizeoutput_15c5.jpeg

A rough hole was cut in the tailplane underside sheeting and I've used a collet in the servo arm to connect the pushrods and to give adjustment for alignment (like Paul used on his). I've soldered the metal quick links (M2) to the other ends of the pushrods as they don't need to be adjustable.

fullsizeoutput_15c6.jpeg

All tested and working OK!

The servo is a Blue Bird BMS-A10H WV Servo (3.2Kg.cm 0.07s 7.4g) which is only 8mm thick and has an alloy casing. They are really nice servos, I use them in my F3K and F5J gliders and they come from Hyperflight

I've got to fit the control linkages for the elevators and for that I need to silver solder a horn onto the U wire joiner and run a lightweight snake through to a servo mounted 'up front'. The control horn and snake will have to be to one side to avoid the rudder servo.

Work completed so far, tailplane and elevators, fins and rudders, fuse sides and crutch, engines nacelles including sanding to profile. So I feel like a decent start has been made and with no work for the next week I? should hopefully get a lot more done (although I will be out flying on 2 days!).