Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.

Posted by Manish Chandrayan on 26/01/2018 14:12:37:
Nigel, how about making these tailwheel assemblies for others?

Hi Manish

The time it takes to do this is usually quite lengthy and if you were to cost it, would not be viable. Whilst we all use our time freely on our own models and are willing to share the info on how to. To start a small manufacturing run for others means huge effort and time for next to no reward. By following Nigels method, if and when he shares like the good egg he is, you will add a modelling string to your bow for any of your future projects.

This is the beauty of this forum in that ideas are shared, adapted and benefit us all with that knowledge....... now where did I put that glue lid????

Advert

Dubro do a 60-120 semi scale tailwheel assembly that looks very similar . Should be available somewhere in the uk . My original 110 is IC powered and has a fixed tail wheel . I worry more about it keeping straight when I open the taps than being able to turn it tight at the end of the runway . Goes off like a rat up a drain pipe !surprise

Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 27/01/2018 08:24:09:
Posted by Manish Chandrayan on 26/01/2018 14:12:37:
Nigel, how about making these tailwheel assemblies for others?

Hi Manish

The time it takes to do this is usually quite lengthy and if you were to cost it, would not be viable. Whilst we all use our time freely on our own models and are willing to share the info on how to. To start a small manufacturing run for others means huge effort and time for next to no reward. By following Nigels method, if and when he shares like the good egg he is, you will add a modelling string to your bow for any of your future projects.

This is the beauty of this forum in that ideas are shared, adapted and benefit us all with that knowledge....... now where did I put that glue lid????

Perfectly put Paul, I did do this once upon a time more as favours but one individual questioned why I charged £10 more than the cheap plastic ones, needless to say I never bothered again.

I will get this mini how to done over the next week or so, I am getting all the supplies together as my recollection of where I purchased them from does not seem to tally with fact! So a bit of reverse searching is needed🤪

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Dave
All the 110's on this thread are the same kit so you won't get a lot of variation in 'data' the weight will be all within a pound give a few ounces. The scale factor seems to be an old discussion point as you can accurately scale down the real thing but you can't scale down air density etc. It sounds like an interesting exercise but if you are looking for a end design that flys well and is stable then a lot of compromise is needed. I have had some very interesting discussions with the designer of this and many of his kits and a few who have insisted on making scale changes have ended up with a untamed beast to fly.
Good luck in your project.

Dave try looking at the Brian Taylor 110
Plans available from "sarik Hobbies " there's also various build threads on various forums. He wouldn't release a design unless a proven flyer. Very renowned man in the scale world. Just Google Brian Taylor plans. Incidentally his 110 is 71" wingspan. Don't know the weight of hand but have the plan . however be aware planes will vary in weight depending on whose building it.
Hope this helps.
Cheers Graham ( cornwall )

Edited By gillyg1 on 02/03/2018 11:10:13

Its a really good flyer with no bad habits. For a twin, I feel that its the near perfect layout, benign wing planform and a rudder behind each engine. For its size, mine is quite a lightweight. I use 2 x Zenoah 26cc bit there is an American build thread where 2 x 62cc are used. I don't know the weight of that one.

110ba.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well after what seems a lifetime of pain I am finally sorting the workshop so I can actually do something, actually find something would be a good start!

I am going to make a tailwheel for the 110 and hopefully it will be suitable for the 109, I will compare the two and make it at least somewhere near!

I managed to make my way to deepest Essex today to see Richard and a very pleasant day it was too, the Lads have been running him a merry dance, we assume that females and alcohol are involved, Richard caught them trying to start the Kawasaki with the intention of showing off to the ladies, it seems they are at that age!🤣😉

Hi Nige

See that you survived your encounter with the Essex boys.

Glad to see that you also got yourself a 109. It is an enjoyable build with a few challenges.

Looking forward to your paint list as I have 3 personnel to paint, and tailwheel details as I need to make one for the 109.

Just waiting for the weather to improve so that I can start spraying the bf110.

Being from around that way Graham I knew when to duck!wink

As to the paints, I found a print out I did showing how to paint what colour where which was useful, I have no means to scan it here but will try and find it online again.

Edited By Nigel Dell on 30/03/2018 17:56:17