Subscriptions - how good?

IanN

I always steered clear of subscription in the past. There were just too many stories re people not receiving their postal copies until days (sometimes a week or more) after the mag was on sale in the shops. Or, worse still, non arrival altogether.

Assuming the service is good, there are obvious advantages in subscribing.

It occurs to me that things may have improved since the change to Magicalia. So, what's the story nowadays? Everyone pleased with their subscription service, or are there any hiccups? 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
 Just renewed my sub. for the second time and have had no problems with delivery. In fact I receive the next issue more often than not at the end of the month before it is due e.g. the Dec.issue was here at the end of Nov. How good is that ? Keep up the good work Magicalia - What an unusual name. Also bear in mind I live in Oz.

• 9 months later...
To answer my own question, VERY good indeed.

I signed up after the last issue. Had delayed until this point because I didn't fancy any of the "goodies" being offered and was waiting for a decent money off promo.

Mag arrived today, unexpectedly early, in a plastic waterproof envelope (nice touch).

10/10 !

I've had a subscription for some time,  10 years?  Maybe more...?  In all that time I can only think of one occasion when the mag got lost in the post.  And then a quick phone call had a replacement swiftly on its way to me.  As others have said, you get the mag a few days early and it saves having to track down a copy at the newsagents.