Drones fight back

Geoff S

Advert

Have a listen to the professor speaking at the end. He ain't a Daily Mail hack trying to make a lie sound like the truth.

We are only a step away from those technologies at that size. Except shaped charges, that is the damage 3 grams does.

And just to get you to sleep, tell me a weapon mankind has developed and not used.

Posted by Dave Bran on 15/11/2017 20:25:15:

... road traffic accidents causing death or in London alone exceeded 2000.

Not according to the government figures.

There were 116 fatalities but the number of serious injuries are not given for London. However the total fatalities & serious injuries are given for the UK as a whole, the ratio of fatalities to serious injuries being 1 : 13.45.
If this ratio is applied to London then the fatalities + serious injuries would have been be 116 + 1560 = 1676.

But "serious injury" does not mean "serious life changing injury". For example it includes fractures to arm, collarbone, hand, leg, ankle foot etc as well as other injuries that had previously not been included in previous years.

Posted by Don Fry on 15/11/2017 21:01:54:

OK Dave, just a bit of change. Now go back a bit, to the days, 50 years ago when normality was someone died in any major constuction project. And have a look at road kill rates then. Take care what you discard as a risk.

What point are you trying to make in this post Don ???

Posted by Nigel R on 16/11/2017 12:34:55:

Although the video is being "somewhat" sensationalist, the major technologies that he names are all out there PatMc.

On the other hand, I don't see that these things would be particularly difficult to stop.

There's a huge difference between the major technologies being out there & them being put together as one practical working package.

As soon as someone combines a multi-rotor drone and a recoilless pistol (yes they do exist), they will have a weapon that can get past most forms of security. A drone dropping flechettes (steel darts used in the first world war), or even ordinary darts, would mess up the day of anyone who gets in their way, and there isn't a great deal that could be done about it if the drone is quick about it.

I am happy to provide entertainment.

As a source, the professor has not got an idiot resumé.

Drone why not. As an ex police officer I can see that a tactical fire arms advisor would give his hind teeth for a bucket of them. That alone gives you a legitimate market.

ICMB, is in fairness a delivery device.

And the point for my post about past casualties is largely irrelevant.