BMFA Online Membership portal open for 2018 membership renewals

Posted by Steve Dunne on 08/10/2018 17:33:54:

Unfortunately the portal club finder has lost all the clubs in Yorkshire!

Andy - could you look at what the portal says is within 50 miles of Leeds / Bradford, and compare it with the old club finder - the difference is in double figures...

I had the same problem - the geographic search seems to be missing a lot of clubs. I was able to find my other clubs by selecting "All Clubs" in the "within XX miles" drop-down.

Advert

Logged on to the new portal - very nice, easy to use.

Unfortunately the portal club finder has lost all the clubs in Yorkshire!

Andy - could you look at what the portal says is within 50 miles of Leeds / Bradford, and compare it with the old club finder - the difference is in double figures...

Or are you expecting Yorkshire to declare independence and form it own YMFA laugh.

Steve.

Likewise. There is only one club in Cornwall ( slope soaring club near St Agnes), and its neither of mine.

Posted by Steve J on 08/10/2018 17:55:31:

Or are you expecting Yorkshire to declare independence and form it own YMFA laugh.

I suspect that a lot of clubs haven't got around to setting themselves up on the system. Only one of my three is there.

Nail hit firmly on the head there, clubs won't show until they add their geo location, the email they received pointed this out. We didn't want to add all the current data from the old club map as the data could do with a refresh. The clubs will start to appear as the locations are added.

Cheers

Posted by Steve J on 08/10/2018 18:23:15:

Posted by Andy Symons - BMFA on 08/10/2018 18:14:13:

We didn't want to add all the current data from the old club map as the data could do with a refresh. The clubs will start to appear as the locations are added.

The funny thing is, for the club that I can see on the map, the old club finder has the right location whereas the location in GoMembership is off by about 1km .

You can find the clubs not on the map by going to the list.

Steve

When you put your club site co-ordinates the site applies an offset, mainly so thieves can't use this to visit your site and relieve the club of equipment kept on site.

If you have technical questions about using the system can you first of all refer to the documentation that Andy Simmons mentioned earlier in this thread. It's in the Documents section of your membership area - the answer you are looking for is possibly there! If not, then by all means ask Andy on here, but let's not drive the poor lad mad by making him answer the same half dozen basic questions, that are covered in the document, over and over again!

Thanks

BEB

Mine were pre-populated - check you were looking in the right place as there are two similar looking categories.

Examiners are nominated and appointed by clubs - if your committee feels it needs an additional examiner it applies to the scheme's area controller who will arrange for an area chief examiner to meet you to do an assessment. Assuming you're successful, the club then appoints you and renews the qualification each year while they are happy that they need you and that you're doing the job to their satisfaction.

Posted by Geoff Parkes on 09/10/2018 08:49:02:

Reading through this topic , I am the treasurer/membership sec. of a small club and I am not computer literate, do I assume that the old method of renewing membership with the stickers that come with the reafiliation pack will be replaced by the on line method of renewing membership ?

Hi Geoff.

The fact that you're posting here suggests that you are far from 'computer illiteracy'. I hate tech for the sake of tech's sake, but in this instance, I'd suggest that you register with the new portal and make use of it - the old stickers were a pain even for a small club and the new portal appears easy to use compared to the old one which was a bit clunky. I think we'll all have questions to be answered before things get into their swing, so you won't be alone.

Edited By Cuban8 on 09/10/2018 09:42:55

Posted by Kevin 216 on 09/10/2018 09:11:41:

Just tried to enter my wife as my emergency contact. The form mandates/requires an email address she does not have one as she is not computer literate - so no emergency contact details from me.

Just include your own or create a dummy one - in an emergency they are going to be phoning not emailing I would hope!

Edited By MattyB on 09/10/2018 16:31:58

Posted by MattyB on 09/10/2018 16:31:32:

Just tried to enter my wife as my emergency contact. The form mandates/requires an email address she does not have one as she is not computer literate - so no emergency contact details from me.

Just include your own or create a dummy one - in an emergency they are going to be phoning not emailing I would hope!

Hi Matty I had thought of using my email address, however I have contacted the BMFA and suggested the requirement for an email address should be an option. I would certainly hope they would phone but the advent of smart phones would enable the email option to be viable.

Posted by MattyB on 09/10/2018 15:45:58:

Was able to reset password and log in; looks ok, but no capacity to renew online at this point that I can see. I guess that will be enabled in Nov/Dec.

the next year's subs don't get set until the AGM in Nov each year, so renewals aren't possible until after then.

Posted by michael cawood on 09/10/2018 16:09:01:

received my email on an old address that I no longer use. logged on and tried to change it to my current email, no chance it just keeps reverting to the old address when I save. any idea how to change it or will I forever have to use the old address.

Send an enquiry and we can do it for you.

Posted by Kevin 216 on 09/10/2018 16:54:49:
Posted by MattyB on 09/10/2018 16:31:32:

Hi Matty I had thought of using my email address, however I have contacted the BMFA and suggested the requirement for an email address should be an option. I would certainly hope they would phone but the advent of smart phones would enable the email option to be viable.

Its just a text fields so you can enter None.