propguy.co.uk phone number?

Advert

John, in the few times I have had dealings with propguy I have found them notoriously difficult to communicate with. There is a thread here from me during last year on my experiences which were both frustrating and unsatisfactory. Hence, I stopped using them as a supplier. Seems they haven’t improved then.

I have had a falcon carbon prop and spinner on order since 24 May. On 29 May I emailed for an update and next day received a reply advising that both items were out of stock. I was offered a full refund or the option to wait 7-10 days for the items to be re-stocked. As I needed a prop to fly, I sourced a cheap wooden one from another supplier, but advised I would wait for the items from Propguy. I emailed again this Monday for an update, and as yet have not received a response or a delivery. As I am going to Weston Park this weekend, I will do as Paul Marsh suggested and pay Propguy a visit.

Great... sounds like another probuild.

Ian, that's pretty much what has happened to me, except I took the refund option and haven't heard a thing. I have emailed since but haven't had a response, I can see why they don't use paypal now....

I won't be at weston so not an option for me, i'll just have to keep emailing then contact the credit card company i guess.

They actually replied to my recent emails within an hour or two of me sending it. I didn't appreciate the fact that when a quarter scale pilot I ordered from them and shown as "in stock", will actually take "7 to 10 days to reach them".

To reach them! Well, I'm so glad I paid for next day delivery now....  angry 2

Edited By Andy Meade on 13/06/2018 10:13:40

Posted by Gordon Tarling on 13/06/2018 10:06:30:

Just another trader who appears to ignore emails. I appreciate that most traders are busy people, but surely, communication is key if you want people's business. I went elsewhere after two enquiries to Propguy went unanswered.

I have noticed this a lot with the "Plane" model shops, I've been flying helis for 5 years now and never had any issues with communicating with the model "heli" shops, I mainly order from the big 3 but have ordered from several others. I've always had good communication either by phone or email, I even had one call me at midnight in response to an email to help me resolve an issue.

I have noticed a lack in customer service especially when it comes to communicating from several of the shops I have purchased planes & parts from, I've tried a few now.

Maybe I am just the unlucky one!

I see this issue from both sides on an almost daily basis. I get very annoyed with companies that dont keep me informed, but equally i am not always able to provide the level of communication to my customers i would like as i am usually working to sort out whatever it is they need.

In that case i can either spend a few hours telling everyone whats happening and stop working on their job, or spend those hours actually doing the job and shortening the time they have to wait.

Place your votes on the best option!

The biggest issue Laser have is that everything customer service related stops if i am not here. No one takes calls or answers emails. During my holidays i still have to reply to all the emails on my laptop. its not a situation im not very happy with and it needs to be addressed. I only do it as i know all the customers will be in the dark if i dont.

I run a small, sideline business and when I'm away I post that fact on my website (usually close the website with the corresponding message). This stops people ordering and then, 3 days later wondering where their parts are! What customers like is being kept informed, I'm not here so can't talk to you for n days!

When I'm considering a big purchase, at the moment I'm considering two EDF kits from manufacturers on the continent I send an email requesting some details of the kit postage etc. If I don't get e reasonably timed response they don't get my money, there are several UK retailers who I will not do business with because of this simple test.

I also will not do business with on line retailers who deliberately do not advertise a telephone contact number

A follow up to my earlier posting. I spoke to Steve at Weston Park regarding my outstanding order and was told that his latest shipment was being held in Customs for clearance. Once again, I was offered a full refund, but have decided to wait as I want to see how a falcon carbon prop performs on my OS GT33. When I asked him why there was no phone number on his website, he told me that the website had been redesigned and was unaware of the fact. I was given one of his business cards with the number on, and he said he would be in touch with his web designer to correct the problem. I left feeling happier and eagerly await my order.

I too doorstepped him at Weston, and was told similarly the the shipment was waiting to arrive, not in customs. It still grates me that the website shows "in stock" and I can pay for "next day delivery", when its now been 3 weeks and no pilot. I'm fairly sure I could have got one from Jim at iflytailies by now, but wanted to support a UK business.

Posted by Ian Denny on 19/06/2018 07:29:01:

A follow up to my earlier posting. I spoke to Steve at Weston Park regarding my outstanding order and was told that his latest shipment was being held in Customs for clearance. Once again, I was offered a full refund, but have decided to wait as I want to see how a falcon carbon prop performs on my OS GT33. When I asked him why there was no phone number on his website, he told me that the website had been redesigned and was unaware of the fact. I was given one of his business cards with the number on, and he said he would be in touch with his web designer to correct the problem. I left feeling happier and eagerly await my order.

I'm still awaitng my refund

Some of these businesses are hanging on by their fingernails

And do themselves no favours with non committal contact details

That are designed for an easy exit from business.

These guys have been around some years and should be pressed at the next show to tidy up their act.

They need to know the negative vibes they create or there can be no improvement unless

Every thread reader visitor who sees Propguy at the next show should politely let it be known that dissatified customers exist

Edited By Denis Watkins on 22/06/2018 12:05:12

• 2 weeks later...

Denis - many thanks for the offer, but I've now cancelled my order after getting hold of them through their Facebook page. A refund is o it's way, and I'm doing what I should have done in the first place - gone to Real Model Pilots. If you do speak to them, please let them know how we feel!