fav model of all time

Advert

Well not sure of all time. But certainly my favourite model for some time now and the one i always take with me.

It still turns heads and amazes people as to how fast it is.

Only the other week two guys watched me fly this at my clubs field, Now technically on paper his model should have been faster than mine as we both had the same power set up.Only he had a flying wing so less weight and less drag.

alas mine is ballistic where as his was not . i even shown him my motor is the exact same as his and so was my battery.

Lol, i just love it. They all seem to think it will just plod along which is how i tend to fly it while next to other fliers UN till i have the sky to my self then i go full throttle.

new depsipa.jpg

My Mk3 Sipa S-200 smiley

Love it...............

Steve

Bit of an odd choice perhaps but for me it would be my Britflight Breeze. Really cheap to get airbourne and lovely to fly and quite aerobatic. Fun per pound spent could not be beat and always in my car when I went flying. Gutted when I stacked it too badly to repair and by then they had stopped production so I could not get another.

398294.jpg

398295.jpg

Edited By Cliff Bastow on 16/07/2018 02:40:17

Posted by Cliff Bastow on 16/07/2018 02:37:58:

Bit of an odd choice perhaps but for me it would be my Britflight Breeze. Really cheap to get airbourne and lovely to fly and quite aerobatic. Fun per pound spent could not be beat and always in my car when I went flying. Gutted when I stacked it too badly to repair and by then they had stopped production so I could not get another.

Edited By Cliff Bastow on 16/07/2018 02:40:17

Have still got mine Cliff, it was sold in a polythene bag and though super strong, it weighs nothing

On 2 cell, it becomes a trainer, and 3 cell takes the model to a new level, with no vices

• 5 weeks later...

My favourite plane of all time was the Hots 40. Other club members fitted hot 40 motors, but I used an OS 35 FP. The lighter weight changed its flying caracteristics completely so it was more like modern light-weight 3D planes that didn't exist in the early '80s. The thick wing section helps it fly really slowly. I loved that plane and flew it more than any other. It eventually met its demise during a limbo competition. I keep meaning to build another.

Plans here:

https://aerofred.com/search.php?search_keywords=Hots&sessionid=qmqss1du66jh1gujtetqosrdk6

Edited By Dave Hess on 16/08/2018 10:48:22

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 16/08/2018 16:32:04:

I'd almost overlooked the QB20L I'd had late 80s or early 90s, powered by a nasty 25 - Taijet maybe? - that was quite a nice little GP aerobatic model, quick and simple to build and car boot sized.

I still have one, it's currently under restoration. Incidentally, All of the Pilot (OK) Model plans can be found here for free download. http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_plans/categories.php?cat_id=78

Mark

Edited By Mark Stevens 1 on 17/08/2018 01:07:57

Does anyone remember the Aviomodelli Piviere thermal glider? I had great times with mine in the mid seventies.

Soarcerer 2ch slope soarer (Dave Hughes RCM&E plan?) Later had an aileron wing. I still have one, it soars well.

My first power model: Svenson Channy 3 channel, with a clapped out OS15. The engine would often stop after takeoff, I could do a stall turn and a deadstick landing downwind!

Proctor Antic Parasol. Fantastic and complete builders kit, and an excellent flyer.

DH60 Moth from plans by Dr. Michael Sun (RCM&E?) A long but easy build, and a superb flyer.

So many others; to choose one is impossible, I like them all.